iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met My First Forum Member Today

Started by dail_h, February 02, 2006, 10:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

I met a Forum member today,was at the Southern Farm Show in Raliegh NC today,and found Tom From Mo hard at work at the Baker tent.We had a nice chat . Hey Tom I really enjoyed our little visit. I finaly had to go look some more,& tom had to git back ta work ;D
   Somebody must have done something right,as I was leaving,I saw that pretty yeller,& blue planer loaded in the back of a customers pickup
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DanG

If you found Tom_from_Mo "hard at work", you've done better than the rest of us! ;D :D :D :D

Now that you've met your first on, they'll(we'll) be coming outta the woodwork.  It took me a couple of years to meet one, and then it was just FDH. ::) ;D  Since then, I musta met a hundred. 8) ;D 8) ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dan_Shade

I've only met one FF member, but I've met up with him 3 or 4 times so what's that mean?  :D

I haven't yet to hear of one FF member to bite another member, but I'm sure not dressing up like food if I ever make it up to the pigroast!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

jpgreen

Well I was going to attend the Eugene Oregon Logging conference hoping to meet someone from the FF but they informed me there would be no RV's allowed at the fairgrounds, and in fact NO RV's in the whole city!  ::)

Sheesh- I guess everyone in the foresty industry stays at the Hilton..  ::)

Well- so much for Oregon.  I'n not stayn' in no Hilton, and no cheezee motel for that show..  :D

I will be in Anderson, Ca week after next, so if anyone else is going, let me know..  Pat.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

DanG

???

Sounds like Eugene wants to keep all their money and not have to put up with anybody else's.   ??? ???  Guess I'll scratch them off my "want to visit" list. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

jpgreen

DanG-  This was their email reply:

"No we don't the City of Eugene doesn't allow RV parking within the City limits."

-not even a name, or "Kiss My Grits from Oregan you Kalifornian"  ::)............ ;D

-not even "there's a poor mans KOA camp outside a town with an outhouse, maybe you can check in"..  ::)

-not even a "why don't ya jist fork over $29 bucks for Motel 6.. we'll keep the light on for ya"..  :D

WE are talkin' Logging and foresty" right?  ::) ::) ::)

And what in the heeeck is an exhibitor supposed to do?  You mean to tell me the ones that do these shows stay at Hiltons?  If I wanted to be a vendor/exhibitor at this show, why as an RV'er (and most people that do trade shows are) would I want to attend their hoidy toidy conference?  To sell to all them Hilton card holding loggers?..  :D

Frank_Pender

No, I stay at home.  I comute each day, 65 miles.  You are welcome to pitch your RV here if you wish.  I got water and electricity, free.  8) 8) 8) I was looking forward to meeing you.  I have a friend just outside in the community of Coberg  that I am sure would let you set up camp for a couple of days.  I operates a Cedar sawing operation, he as his brother.
Frank Pender

jpgreen

Hay Frank,

Thanks so much for the offer. I'm about 5.5 hours from you, and it may be to long a drive this time around.

I sure do appreciate it though and look forward to meeting you.  If anything changes, I'll let you know. There's always next year..  8) 8) 8)

I'm prolly just going to go to the Anderson conference.  At least get my feet wet...  ;D

DR_Buck

Rumer has it there will be a number of FF members at the East Coast Sawmill and Logging Expo in Richmond VA this May.   Just look for the FF hats!   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!