iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Paulownia is growing!

Started by RavioliKid, April 19, 2002, 06:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavioliKid

8)

Wa-HOOO!

My lone surviving paulownia from last year's experiment made it through the winter and has sprouted new leaves!
I am so excited!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I'll try to smuggle the digital camera out of school on Monday and post a picture next week!

Hooray!
RavioliKid

Jeff

Smuggle away or I'll have to come down and take one!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RavioliKid

Is that a threat  >:(

or a promise? 8)
RavioliKid

splinters

We need a picture or discription or something!!!!!  
Paulowina????  Ain't nothin us Yankees ever tried to make grow.

Tom

RavioliKid

Dang! I forgot to bring the camera home tonight! >:(

I'll try again tomorrow.

:-/
RavioliKid

Don P

We've had a tough week, She can keep it in and frame with the baddest there ever was. We sheathed and boxed the frame before coming home.  We're home for the night, but came through Corbin Ky. you remember Phil's post about Pine Mt St Park? We drove by the entrance today...a beautiful area, the Laurel festival is May 23-26 there. Paulownia through the Cumberland watershed is prolific and in better form than I have seen elsewhere (it was in bloom there today), Ky in redbud is as close to heaven as I've ever found.
 Although none of these are Paulownia I thought y'all might like to see what was blooming when we got in. This is some scanner art Michelle made from her garden when we got home.

splinters

Thanks both of you for the information. Now I know what those pretty trees with the flowers were on the drive down and up.  From the original discussion it would appear to be a valuable tree.  There are enough craftsmen in the Americas to be a market. 30-40 years to maturity isn't that long. In NY we plant for our children and grandchildren.

RavioliKid

Don,
That's some mighty purdy artwork Michelle made!
 :)
RavioliKid

Jeff

Here is a pic of Kim's Paulonia. Guess all I have to do is threathen to show up in person. :D

Rav, that looks pretty dang healthy to me considering I never got one past the 1 inch and die stage.

RavioliKid

Yeah, it's doing pretty well. The funny thing is that the leaves look really different than I remember. I don't remember them being kind of fuzzy. It'll be interesting to see what develops.

I'm glad you got the photo. I have only sent photo attachments a couple times before, and I am always amazed when it works!
RavioliKid

Gordon

Nice job Rav. Ok so it will grow next to the road with no problem but if you take the time and baby it then poof it will die. Go figure. Well at least one survived.

Did either you or Jeff try to plant any of the seeds directly outside?

Gordon

woodman

Jeff how meney board feet in that  :) :) :) :)
Jim Cripanuk

RavioliKid

Gordon,

No, I didn't try to grow them directly outside. I have a few seeds left from the batch Sawtooth sent me last year - maybe I'll give them a try.

The worst that could happen is nothing!

RavioliKid

SwampDonkey

Jeff posted  a pic of Ravioli's paulownia seedling in this thread, so I had to bring it forward too :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

If you can find them, look for the threads something big and something big 2 for lots of paulownia stuff

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!