iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Fired Kiln

Started by Todd, August 29, 2005, 08:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Long time lurker, first time poster here with a question....whats the best direction to go while looking for a wood fired kiln?  The kiln may also have to double as a heat treat unit for my fathers pallet business.  I am hoping to use scrap and dust to fire the kiln, and am trying to do it, if not cheaply, at least not for top dollar.  Any experiences, ideas, or direction will be greatly appreciated.
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

serg

Hello! It can will help you. I can not do(make) technical translation. With the best regards Sergey.
http://www.boiler1.narod.ru/

DonE911

I have been looking into this also.

I have considered adding an outdoor boiler to heat the house and also to fire a kiln or two.

I've put that on the back burner for now, but I'm keeping my eye open for a used boiler on the cheap.

There is a post here somewhere that gives a link to a nice setup a guy has.  I can't rememebr the thread but will look for it.

Todd

Serg....thank you, now I just need to learn cryllic!!! :D :D

BBTom

I have a wood burning waterstove that heats my kiln, house, shed, hot water.  Works very well, but the price of the woodburner is prohibative if you just need a kiln.  A good waterstove (one that holds enough water to create a good thermal "flywheel") costs almost as much as a dehumidifier setup.  Because you are needing a treatment kiln also, a stove might work for you.  You can check out mine at http://maplewood-farm.com
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Todd

Looked on your site but didn't see the stove.  I'd found your site from the outside before...I remember thinking that was a nice kiln set-up.  Price isn't really going to be a concern with the woodburner (within reason...its always easy to be cavalier until its time to sign the check!)  Want somthing that creates heat and gets rid of waste.

Thank You Sponsors!