iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeans1

Bartender this machine has an extension on the rear that's was fabricated to do the 36's and 40's, most of the guys are doing 32's thinning out here. The operator I'm speaking of his guys can break anything it's pretty impressive to say the least. I haven't seen the long wood sides that are working on the farm here, but from what our forester has said they've had some issues keeping the yarding  equipment together if we had to do it I'd want to do a clam which wouldn't fly out here. I'd be interested in seeing them load 32's with the forwarder as well I'd bet money they try to push the limits of the machine. Another thought is that set was tethered on a traction line system that could of been another reason they've had issues the extra pulling forces from the big winches.

teakwood

Quote from: Skeans1 on April 23, 2018, 11:11:19 PMf his guys can break anything it's pretty impressive to say the least
we have lots of them around here. as a machine owner you have to love them!
it's not easy to find good operators
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

barbender

I get it often...sometimes folks think that's my handle, other times it's autospell. Either way, I've been called far worse😂
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

Skeans, I have no doubt those guys are over loading and abusing those machines. In my mind, if your logs are twice as long, you should probably only put half as much on (same weight). Maybe they should cut their stakes off halfway. The real question is- is the Ponsse salesman telling them they can load them like that, and then backing away from it when they break? Our machines are equipped with a sliding extendable rear bunk, with it fully retracted I can haul two ranks of 10' wood. I suppose you could haul 28, maybe 30' like that. Moot point for us since other than poles, our "logs" are typically 16', rarely some 20's. If I came out of the woods with a load of 16's piled 2' higher than the stakes and my boss saw it, he would give me a good talkin' to. He likes a good load, he doesn't like machines broken in half.

chevytaHOE5674

We were told by the Ponsse folks that when loading 10' and 12' sawlogs double bunked only load to where the stake extensions start. Depending on the skid distance we would often haul 12 and 16' sawlogs in a single bunk centered over the rear axle. Easier to make two trip then put a machine back together.

Skeans1

Sorry about the miss spelling probably was auto correct.

barbender

BargeMonkey

Send it 🤣 I know to the big mechanical guys 30k ft and a couple load of pulp isn't alot every week but for 3-4 days a week its alot of work. 

My poor busted loader that came off the back row at Milton has paid for itself about 6x over this yr 🤣 Was like a convoy off my job on monday, that big trailer takes 10k ft plus of redpine at a clip and he's legal. 

The buyer at the pulp mill thinks I'm an idiot, the price is down and they want to put me on contract, I've got 200+ ld of hemlock pulp on hand when ever the price comes up, it was paying 950+, down to 750ish, let them run out. 

I hate cutting at night but I'm 1/2 done on this job and want to be done, got a wicked ash job to cut and while the price is up I want it gone. Went till 1130 tonight, when she comes out of the woods again she is getting lit up like a Christmas tree with good led lights. 

Oak after oak. 

My competition supposedly bought a Timbco, it's bad enough he is sleeping with a forester to get jobs, the gloves are coming off 🤣 
Dirtwork by day. These 4 stormwater ponds are all that's stopped me from opening my gas station, 1 down 3 to go, hopefully be open June 1st. 

barbender

Barge, you're nuts! I don't know how you keep it up!

mike_belben

I dont think i have the energy just to fuel and grease your operation eric.  
Praise The Lord

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BargeMonkey

:D Today wasn't the most productive, didnt kill any trees but looked at 7-8000 trees on a couple jobs that wont be around for the leaves to fall off them this yr. I come on here to joke and have a good time, I'm almost 34 but my sense of humor is still about 19ish, being "logger + sailor" is a rough combination. We have a pretty good operation, its slowly getting there, I fought with the idea of leaving the boats for 1+yrs but it was the right choice. 
One of the pine I saw out by the header today, up north it's around but down my way this size nice white pine doesn't exist in any quantity. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

coxy

well at least your hugging it before you cut it  :D :D

BargeMonkey

Hugging a few today. Throw the rest of this job on the ground, I lack 1 day next door, get packed up and move. 

Matt601

No matter where you go there you are!!!

nativewolf

Skeans1, could you do a favor; put a UPS sticker on that processor and have it delivered to Delaplane VA.   Thanks so much!  

Seriously, what is the bill on that?  Half million?  Does it make espresso?  Does it come with a netflix subscription?  Just a wee bit jealous.
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

It comes with a big invoice wrapped in a green and yellow bow!
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Getting after it. I dont have 3/4 of a day in that pile, going to be some long days slashing. 

looked like a bomb went off when it took that drag of brush. main skid road is wadded right full, no mud now. 🤣 
 Cut, push and dont look back. 

Skeans1

Quote from: nativewolf on May 03, 2018, 09:37:54 AM
Skeans1, could you do a favor; put a UPS sticker on that processor and have it delivered to Delaplane VA.   Thanks so much!  

Seriously, what is the bill on that?  Half million?  Does it make espresso?  Does it come with a netflix subscription?  Just a wee bit jealous.
They're not cheap but the payment is roughly what our down time and parts bill was on our old harvester, just thinning well running it for about a month our production is up at least a load day plus our fuel bill has been cut in half. 
I don't think you'd be jealous having to learn to run one or set one up for different operators it's simple but complicated all at the same time.

nativewolf

Yeah, more of a want to have..than a need to have.  Also, have this little problem with China enforcing pest certifications.  I mean I had 10 people begging...now I am hoping for 4.  

I wonder about the operator training.  Going to have to spend a month getting someone up to speed once we do get one.  
Liking Walnut

Skeans1

Best thing I could tell you is find an operator that has ran the machine before or someone younger to teach, my dad and our employee are in their 50's and have a fun time just running it let alone getting into the computer to setup sites.
Honestly a month is on the short side for someone learning to run processor or at least one thinning, I grew up running equipment and around thinning so the learning curve has been pretty quick.

Thank You Sponsors!