iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Been hot and humid UP here the last few days with a lot of rain, almost a foot of precip in the last 11 days. Even when they don't predict rain it seems to rain. Temps and humidity dropped off yesterday and then it got down to 44° for a low.

Tried making some hay and found standing water and mud everywhere, then with no rain in the forecast a thundershower moved in and dropped 1.5" on it within half an hour. So far it's another year like last with so much moisture that farming is a struggle. I`ve always said I'd rather have too much rain than none at all, but these last 2 or 3 years have got me rethinking that.

thecfarm

50° this morning. :o  What a difference!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yep, and a breeze besides. Got the long sleeve cotton shirt on. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

After four days of 96° weather, this morning we have 44°, kind of hard to believe!   :o

Sawing should be comfortable today!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

Forgot to mention last Friday it was 93° when a crazy wind whipped up and the temp dropped to 56° within 15 minutes, during that same time the big lake level dropped about 3 foot here and other places it came up 3 feet. There was videos on the news of the water rising over the highway and into a campground about 45 miles from here. In all my years here ive never seen anything like it.

thecfarm

chevy,that is odd that much water can be moved. :o
I have another cool morning at 52° and a day off. 8) 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

64F this morning headed for another hot one.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Weather been the same here,warm and no rain,lots of sun for the last 4-5 days. Today,over cast,not quite 70°.

thecfarm

Yesterday we had a shower. Only lasted about 15 minutes,but did get some water during that time. Looks to be a few kinda on the warm side days ahead.

SwampDonkey

We had some heavy showers here that delivered 6/10" rain yesterday afternoon. No wind.

thecfarm

48° this morning. Little on the cool side.

SwampDonkey

Seemed warmer than that here. A heavy dew along the road edge in the weeds. Was marking lines and was walking along a rocky bluff and looked up hill by a big cedar and seen a face of a bear watching. ;) Just a little guy, maybe a yearling. I told him to get, and never seen him again. Musta been a cave bear living in those rocks. :D

Wild ripe raspberries and ripening blueberries around. ;)

thecfarm

At least it's in the 50's this morning,54°. :)

thecfarm

The rain!!! And a nice rain at that. We need it!! Been raining steady here for about 2 hours. Did not start until about 1 today and than off and on all the way home.
We went to a couple "farms" today. One had sheeps,chickens,2 cows. Just about 10 mintues from us. Have to support the neighbors. ;D  The other had no animals but grew lavendar. We have trouble growing it,well wintering it over too,but they had some great ideas. They must of had a patch 20x40 feet of almost soild lavendaer. That was about 2 hours away. But a nice drive on a Sunday.

Texas Ranger

My, oh my, Mr. Benny

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

I see out at 106° :o  

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

thecfarm

Still a raining!!

CJennings

It's been way too dry in northeastern Vermont. My brook went dry friday night. It's never stopped running in the summer that I know of before. I'm seeing signs of drought stress in almost everything. My fruit trees are not looking good (I can't be there to water them all the time). The maples look stressed. The old apple trees are dropping their immature fruit and looking stressed. Even the wild hazelnuts are doing bad. It's not going to be easy on the wildlife this year I suspect.

timberking

Hope we break the string of heat soon.  99 will feel cool.

chevytaHOE5674

Been down in the low 50's the last few nights, days have only been in the 60's. Nice working weather but terrible for making hay.... 

SwampDonkey

Been hot and humid here, had a little rain this morning, but looks like some more throughout the week. 80's here and very sticky air. Insulating the house today, keeps the heat out to. ;)

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Roxie

Those numbers are just hard to imagine.  I sure do hope y'all get relief soon.  :o
Say when

IMERC

tornado warnings...
flash floods...
lots of hail...
wind...
forest fires...
ya know .. the usual...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Thank You Sponsors!