Started by Haytrader, January 16, 2008, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

Haytrader

Sprucegum

:o  8)  8)

Have ya made'm an offer yet?  ;)

leweee

8) Now I know were that $900.00/oz Wood is.  8)
            (wood more precious than Gold)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

stonebroke

I would hate to pay the property taxes on it.

Stonebroke

SwampDonkey

Wowsers, then this lodge must be a real bargain. No where near as big as that log home, but tons of land and your own lake.  ;D

http://www.landandfarm.com/lf/s/63/76644.asp
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

If you ask me(I am sure it is REAL nice) doesn't it look a little tacky? For that kinda money you would think it would be.............a little more refined, pedigreed, and so forth. It looks like they just kinda started building and went on and on until they ran out of rooms on the "must have" list. Sorry, just my take.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Jeff

Quote from: Ironwood (Reid Crosby) on January 16, 2008, 05:05:26 PM
If you ask me(I am sure it is REAL nice) doesn't it look a little tacky? For that kinda money you would think it would be.............a little more refined, pedigreed, and so forth. It looks like they just kinda started building and went on and on until they ran out of rooms on the "must have" list. Sorry, just my take.

Ironwood

Honestly, I had the same opinion. There are some cool elements, but not that cool.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I don't know. I have no taste or class or money, so doesn't really matter. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Haytrader

When I see things like this, I want to know the story. Who built it and for what purpose. Engraved above the front door it says such and such lodge if I remember. Maybe it just didn't work out. Maybe a divorce is the reason for selling.

Regardless, I see a monster for upkeep and maintenance. It wood take a lot of firewood to warm it all.

I conclude that I wish I had the 25 million they want for it and I would build somthing more reasonable and have a lot of coin left.
Haytrader

pigman

My wife and I are looking for a retirement place. That place is almost perfect execpt for three little things; price, size and location.   ;) ;D

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Don P

QuoteYeah, I don't know. I have no taste of class or money, so doesn't really matter.
don't feel bad, they don't either and they have an albatross around their neck

thedeeredude

If I had 25 million to spend on a house, I'd buy a couple thousand acres of woodland, build a small log cabin and enjoy living.  I wouldn't even have to hire a crew of maids to keep the place clean. 8)  That is a ridiculously large home, can't imagine what heating/cooling costs are and the general upkeep must be sky high.

Dave Shepard

Yawn.

I am more impressed by someone who builds a modest sized house, preferably with their own hands, with low energy consumption and impact to its surroundings in mind. Having a ton of money spending a ton of money isn't so hard. Building from scratch with a limited budget is a little harder.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ErikC

That ten acre lot is only about 8.73 acres minus the house. Seems like they want to let the neighbor know who has the most money! You know the owner never laid a hand on the place  while it was being built, but think of all the tradesman that were employed on that thing. I guess that's the up-side from my perspective.

Erik
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

faronskid

Hey, how did pictures of my house get posted here? :D :D :D :D  :D
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

Norm

I went and took a look at it and did not care for it. I like wood features in a home as well as the next guy but it was just too much.

Haytrader

Norm,

If you guys lived there, you wouldn't have to go outside to walk to work.
You could have the business in the ballroom.

:)
Haytrader

Robert Long

I would need a work place for my saw mill, equipment, a log yard and is there a church and school near by? :D :D

Robert

sawguy21

ErikC, there are few neighbours to gawk at it, the area is fairly remote and DanG cold in the winter. The firewood processor would be running 24/7. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Patty

Oh I don't know.....I guess I could live there.  ::)  All the furniture in my whole house would fit in the entryway though, I guess we would have to lounge around on the floor everywhere else.

I would have to make a FEW minor changes such as the ballroom area...I think it would make a nice place for the fat horse, the chickens and the other various critters we have around here. And that wine cellar; I guess it would store my beer ok, don't you think.

Yep I could make it work in a pinch.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

DWM II

Not my style, (simple redneck that is,). I think Don P hit the nail on the head, too much upkeep even for rich folk. ;)
Stewardship Counts!

LeeB

I think maybe, if they left all the contents in it, then maybe I might maybe, if I stretched real hard, just barely maybe be able to maybe see it being worth that much. Other wise, knock a zero of the price tag.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Den Socling

It should be used as a showcase open to the public. It might be a forestry museum. Or a forestry education and R&D center. The wood is magnificently inspiring and the forest has provided more than any one family deserves.

Sell the contents to help pay for maintenance.

SwampDonkey

I knew an old guy, a fellow wood worker and salmon fisherman. He has a niece on his wife's side whose husband builds those kinds of places. I forget their names now and her husband is Japanese Canadian I believe. I only met both of them once years ago. He was working on a house at the time that was worth $10M, or something out of this world, somewhere east of Vancouver. Some stuff that people wanted incorporated into the houses he had to order from around the globe. He was based out of Montreal, but may have moved west. He worked with wood mostly.

sawdust

I have flown over the place in a helicopter. Did not see mention that Moberly lake is in the middle of NOWHERE and miles from anywhere and in the middle of a reservation that is quite poor. Hey, if you have your own float/ski plane it is in the most beautiful place

sawdust. 
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Thank You Sponsors!