iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Favorite Holiday Food

Started by Autocar, December 08, 2011, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

We just got done making a bowl of Cranberry Salad can't wait till morning to give it a try  ;D
Bill

Den Socling

With cranberrys, jello, walnuts, celery and grapes? I like that mix with turkey!

Edit: I forgot the orange!

florida

General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

T Welsh

Pumpkin pie 8) is that a food? Tim

Autocar

Den we grind cranberries, oranges, celery, pineapple and walnuts. Lifes good  ;D !
Bill

isawlogs

Why would one want grits on da list .  smiley_contract   ban_smiley    smiley_smug01

Maple dipped home made donuts, thats on the to do list for this weekend There needs to be a rubbing tummy smiley  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Corley5

My Mother In Law's cheesecake :) ;D 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

Home made mince meat pie. A nice thick hot wedge with a dollop of ice cream.   ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Oyster stew with lots of oysters.
Pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin pie and
Pumpkin pie
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

thecfarm

I'm with Jeff on this one. I really enjoy all the food. What I always enjoy is getting together and everyone brings something different for me to enjoy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

I used to love Christmas candy but for some reason I've lost my sweet tooth for it. As a kid growing up my Mom would make all different kinds and I'd pig out. Hmmm maybe I overdid it.  :D

Marcel I've never heard of doughnuts dipped in maple syrup, we make a glazed one but yours sound great.

Ianab

Christmas in NZ always means Pavlova for desert.

Not sure if you get it in the States, but it's a light marshmallow sort of desert, served with cream and fruit. Kiwifruit, Strawberries, passionfruit etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlova_(food)

Because Christmas is in the start of summer here this works much better than pudding / custard / trifle in the hot weather. No matter how much you pigged out on BBQ, you can always find a bit of space for a slice of Pav.  ;D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Den Socling

That sounds pretty good, Ian. Not like some of the strange food I've had in NZ. Let's see. In Hokitika, there was Whitefish if I remember correctly. It was a mass of minnows that would have been good for bait.  :D In Christchurch, I ordered a hamburger and it came with a fried egg and sliced beets on the burger.  ??? I had a Kiwi friend over here one time and he had a burger at a pub. He must have been disappointed when  it only had tomato, onion and lettuce on it.  ;) ahh yes. Then there was that time in Auckland that we were at a pub on the ocean front. I ordered some beef dish and it was delivered with raw chunks of meat and a very hot rock in the center of the plate. Just put the meat on the rock and cook to your liking.  ::)

Edit: Thinking back I believe Whitefish is actually called Whitebait.

Ianab

Yup, it's Whitebait. Used to spend a lot of time fishing for those with my Grandmother when I was a kid.

All the other stuff is "normal" food here  :D Even McDs has a burger with beets on it here.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DanG

Turkey.....in a sandwich.....the day AFTER Christmas. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

Norm,
Renée makes the dough from scratch. Rolls the dough and cuts out the donuts, the trimings get cooked also ( the hole and the parts around the donut rings ). I find those the best.  ;D  Take the donuts out of the iol and dip into hot maple syrup, do the same with the trimings. Set them on waxed paper to cool... infin you can wait that long  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

trapper

Ianab
My wife wants to know what is on mcD's burger in addition to the slice of beet.
Marv
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

WDH

Nothing wrong with a fried egg on a hamburger!  I had that too when I went upside down under.

I am with the Boss........."Pea-con" pie 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

Quote from: trapper on December 09, 2011, 09:47:45 PM
Ianab
My wife wants to know what is on mcD's burger in addition to the slice of beet.
Marv

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwiburger
Quotea four-ounce (113 g) beef patty, griddle egg, beetroot, tomato, lettuce, cheese, onions, tomato sauce, and mustard on a toasted bun

Of course I think their burgers are total crap and never go there, you can get MUCH better burgers just down the street.

Ian

LIL

Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Patty

My favorite holiday foods are all the sweets....sugar cookies, banana bread, fudge, caramels....YUMMY ! I eat them until my sugar buzz is drowning out all the Christmas music.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sandhills

Regifted fruit cake.  :D :D :D :D

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!