iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats a Lt 70 worth?

Started by justice, August 24, 2008, 09:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justice

Getting close to selling my 2007 lt70 with all options except the laser.  It has about 800hrs and the full factory warranty, that expires in march 09.  What do you guys think this mill will sell for?  I still have a few months of sawing left, but am afraid that it will not bring as much when the factory warranty runs out.  Looking for your opinions.

WH_Conley

More than what I can afford. That's the reason I have never came over your way and watched it work.

On a more serious note, probably better off to keep it and wait for short term high profit jobs than to go with market flows.
Bill

MikeH

Look on the sawmill exchange. That will give you a idea of what others are trying to sell for. Just dont sell the chainsaw that came with. Mine will very soon have made me more money that the lt70.

shinnlinger

I wouldn't think a warranty that runs out in 6 months would be much of an incentive to me (versus no warranty) if I was in the market. So I guess I am saying it were me I would hold onto it untill all my work was done and then see where I was at with it. 

It would be a pisser to be in the need for lumber, have some logs to saw, but no mill to get it done.  and I bet most mills are a step down from the lt70.

On the other hand, you could  ask $10,000 more than you think it is worth and see what happens...
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!