iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

furniture squares

Started by dustyhat, July 10, 2015, 09:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

Anybody sawing them , whats the market like nowdays . used to be good money in it.

SwampDonkey

You mean for stair cases and maybe stiles, legs and rails? I could see maybe for stairs and legs, but actual boxed furniture could have measurements all over the map.

All of the furniture shops here are long gone, except for a carpenter doing something on the side. A couple cabinet/cupboard shops still around but mostly MDF or plywood with solid wood facings/edging.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

dustyhat

Turning stock i guess thats what i meant, my dad used to run a mill that sawed handle blanks and we got calls all the time from furniture manufacturers wanting to place orders, guys around here sawed furniture blanks and sold them by the truck loads . but now the people that did that have all died off or i have lost contact info with them. was just wondering if that type of market was still out there and where.

SwampDonkey

There may very well be. Just dig a little deeper.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!