iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

650G dozer question

Started by cutter88, December 23, 2014, 07:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

my 1997 650g that ive only used a hand full of times since I bought it in October has been doing something iv never seen a 650 do... the right steering stick every couple times you pull it theres nothing there like the steering clutch adjuster backed off then the next time u grab it its right there were its saposed to be??? any thoughts on what could be going on?
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

coxy

Big Rooster

Open the little circular side panel and see if you can adjust it as per the spec.  if you put the machine in gear and that little gear and adjustment bracket are flopping around  you will have to open the rear and get inside.  Not a big repair for parts but you have to drop winch, drain oil, and pull tranny.......not fun.

CTL logger

I run one all the time it's never done that before, I do wish everyday when I get to the job that someone stole it. I used to run a 650H and the G series is half the dozer a H is.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: CTL logger on December 23, 2014, 10:28:45 PM
I run one all the time it's never done that before, I do wish everyday when I get to the job that someone stole it. I used to run a 650H and the G series is half the dozer a H is.
. If you have a clean G with insurance maybe we can arrange that.  :D :D :D. I hate the J series dozers we have, nicer, faster but just not in the woods. My G rarely let's me down, a blade hose every once in a while, but no computer drama like the J's.

cutter88

Quote from: BargeMonkey on December 25, 2014, 09:31:21 PM
Quote from: CTL logger on December 23, 2014, 10:28:45 PM
. If you have a clean G with insurance maybe we can arrange that.  :D :D :D. I hate the J series dozers we have, nicer, faster but just not in the woods. My G rarely let's me down, a blade hose every once in a while, but no computer drama like the J's.
I agree with the computer stuff it can sure leave a lad hangen! I spoke to a guy from John Deere last week that there's nothing wrong internal if it works perfect some times he says if it was a clutch issue it just wouldn't work , he told me to pull the floor and check that valve on top he things the linkage is screwing up
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

lopet

Happy b day Cutter 88. It looks like you have lots of different cake to choose. 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

cutter88

Quote from: lopet on December 27, 2014, 05:14:12 PM
Happy b day Cutter 88. It looks like you have lots of different cake to choose.

Romans 10 vs 9 

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!