iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyle power vent

Started by xlogger, July 04, 2017, 08:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodslabs

I just got my unit and can't figure out which way the power vents go.

L  |   H

So the L is the low pressure and the H is high pressure with the | being the baffle.  Fans are taking air from the L and moving it to the H.

Where does the vent with the fan go and is that the intake or the exhaust and where does the vent with no fan go.  I don;t kn ow if the manual is just crappy or im too dumb to understand :)
check out www.woodslabs.ca

xlogger

on post #16 you can see the picture of where I put my intake vent.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

K-Guy

Warning!! The power vent locations for the L53 are NOT the same for the L200!!
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Woodslabs

Quote from: YellowHammer on August 13, 2017, 11:46:10 PM
You are correct, the makeup air is coming in from the other vent, allowing airflow.

Both vents have the same model passive louvers except the power vent has its blower mounted in line with its passive louver.  The exhaust louvers open slightly to the outside, even when the exhaust blower is not running if they are on the pressure side.  So some air is always exhausted from the pressure side and thus the passive intake vent then opens slightly to refill the chamber.  So in effect, two partially open and very leaky vents in that configuration.

If they are reversed, to where the exhaust vent is on the low pressure side then the passive louvers will get pulled backward into their frame to the closed position, much like a check valve.  So since they are forced closed, so is the passive intake vent, which being mounted on the high pressure side, also gets held closed against its frame.  So both are relatively sealed. 

Both vents do leak however, by their design tolerances, and when I'm running a sterilization cycle in the winter, I will put tape over both the vents.

please let me know if i got this right.

I just got my unit and the manual is confusing.

I will put the louver with the fan on the Low pressure side with the fan facing outside the kiln?  The other non fan one will goo on the high pressure side in the front of the kiln?

Also with regards to wiring the louver is it TB 16 or 17 on the control unit?
check out www.woodslabs.ca

Thank You Sponsors!