iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Friends BIG 8 with pics

Started by sbishop, December 06, 2010, 07:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbishop

Deer season finished here 2 weeks ago, i wasn't able to make it out to much but i did get the last 3 days of the season in with 3 of my friends that hunt together. We had a few cameras out and got a nice pic of this big 8 pt....I didn't see any more but one of my hunting buddy that is about 500 yards down the road from got lucky at the last minute of the season. I was getting down from my stand when i heard him shoot....it had snowed that afternoon thank god because there was hair on the road but no blood. We trailed him for over a 100 yards until there was a little spot of blood in his track. We found him about 400 yards from where he shot in the thick woods...no blood trail! My friend was some happy! I took 3rd place in one buck contest and 1st in the other!

I might not have seen any deer but it was one of the best hunt i was on!
Sbishop

We named this deer Big 8 but its actually a 9! He could only get it weighted the next afternoon but it came in at 236 lbs...What a deer!

You can tell by my face that it was hard pull out of the woods by hand!!!

sandhills

Very nice!!!  I've only saw a deer that caliber around here one time, a freind got him later that fall, I think he was a 13 point, not sure.  I just remember following him down the road in my little ford explorer, his rack was a little over half the width of the hood and horns sticking out everywhere, I must admit I was only a few feet behind him. :)

Ron Scott

~Ron

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

sandhills

That looked really bad the way I worded it, I wasn't chasing him he jumped out in front of me then ran straight down the road in front of us (my wife, daughter and myself).

Magicman

Very nice.  I'd love to have pictures like that before he walked out that last time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CX3

John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Norm

treefarmer87

VERY NICE, im headed to va tonite to hunt this week...
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!