iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Added a sunshade to my saw shed

Started by kelLOGg, July 02, 2012, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelLOGg

With this heat I saw in the AM but the early sun is right in my face so I made this:
It rolls down to the level I need. The tarp is 30' long so it can actually cover more than the rollway. Nice if I have logs or cants I want to protect.

or up out of the way if not not needed.

I glued and screwed 2 x 4s to make a 22' 4 x 4 and added a pipe pivot at each end. To roll it up or down I turn the 10" pulley wheel. Rather crude but it works.  See detail of the end of the apparatus.

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

kgbond

nice!  We have been reading about the heat back there.I like your saw shed,does the shed roof have a peak?

Kimball

Cutting Edge

Quote from: kelLOGg on July 02, 2012, 03:32:52 PM
Rather crude but it works.

Hardly!!!  Pretty slick idea.   smiley_thumbsup   I'm sure you'll use it for more than shade!
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

cutterboy

Now that is a smart idea.....very clever, very simple. Good job!
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

clww

Nice work! Necessity is the mother of invention.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

kgbond

Kellogg, could you post more views of your shed?
Thanks Kimball

kelLOGg

Quote from: kgbond on July 02, 2012, 05:55:33 PM
Kellogg, could you post more views of your shed?
Thanks Kimball
I have a lot during construction but only a few finished. See if this helps. Its 18' x 32' and has 21 feet between posts.

DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

kgbond

Thanks very much, I am planning a similar
Shed. In your part of the world do you need
Permits? To get any type of permit from
The county is costly
Kimball

WDH

I like the way that you used the lay of the land in your favor.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kelLOGg

kg, in our part of the we are in transition from rural to not-so-rural so we need a permit although I did not get one ???. Might be sorry for that  - I'll see.

WDH, the lay of the land was advantageous - the rollway leans ever so slightly away from the mill and the ramps are level so I can muscle some quarters back to the rollway if needed.

Bob

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!