iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill camper?

Started by OlJarhead, March 27, 2017, 02:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

you guys are crazy. I have 1 kid and can't even handle that. Guess grand kids are much better...

LeeB

Grand kids are your reward for not killing your kids when they are teens.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

OlJarhead

Grand Kids are the best! :D  You can send them home when you are done with them! ha!  8) :o
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Magicman

Grandkids are Grand, but Great-Grandkids are Great!!!   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crusarius

Geez mine is 2 I am not sure he will make it to teenager :)

Or me for that matter

SlowJoeCrow

Hang in there Crusarius!  I have three under the age of 7.  They have way more energy than their dad has.

Andries

Wife and I decided that grandkids are so wonderful - we should've started with them.
Skip the kids!
Good plan, no problems with that thinking, eh?  ;D  :D  ;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Crusarius

Wish I thought of that three years ago :) would have been great. :)

OlJarhead

Broke down and bought the Torklift stairs and also a new freezer door assembly since the old one was falling open when you open the door.  Still haven't gotten the hot water sorted as it lights and then dies 90 seconds later.  Replaced thermocouple but that didn't change anything.  Also need to get the heater working but otherwise this $700 camper is working out well.

Crusarius

I had that problem. it was air in the propane line. I just kept relighting it and holding the purge button till it stayed on. probably took 5 minutes of running.

Darrel

I also had that problem with my hot water heater and found that the thermal coupler was not far enough into the flame and was therefore not getting hot enough. I adjusted (bent) it a little more into the fire and it worked fine.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

OlJarhead

Interesting.  This one is the same place as the original so I don't know if that's an issue or not.  It's also slightly different at the other end so I'm wondering if that might be the issue?

Crusarius

I forgot. that was my first issue as well. I had to bend my thermal couple into the flame.

If you want to make sure it works put a multimeter on the 2 wires and grab the end with your hand. You should immediately see a voltage increase.

KirkD

If it stays lit with a butane lighter on the thermocoupler but goes out when you remove it you know it is not getting hot enough off the flame it is producing.
Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

Kbeitz

You might also need to crank down the propane regulator screw a turn or two.
Not all regulators are adjustable.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

OlJarhead

Late last fall we sold the Angler 9D (for about double what we had in to it too!)  8)

Now we're waiting on our new Arctic Fox 990.  Yup, we went whole hog on this one.  Many reasons but chiefly among them was the wife.  Sure I wanted heat, ac, a generator (as much or more for the mill than the camper as I like to use air to blow it off etc during band changes), entertainment (at a minimum a stereo but I liked the idea of a TV as I found I was often left alone on the jobsite after the day was done with just my thoughts and a kindle.  Nothing wrong with that but after a long day milling I thought it might be nice to watch a little TV before collapsing for the night).

Also wanted a bigger bathroom that I might actually be able to use with the door closed and even shower in.  And we wanted an awning over the door at the least.

With the 990 we got all that and a lot more but the wife is very excited that she will be 'comfy' on the jobsite and can come with me on weekends when we go milling.

I call that a win win :D  And the 990 is a true 4 season camper with 56 gallons of fresh water so I can use it well into the fall and early winter and carry water for the mill :D

OlJarhead

https://youtu.be/fP_V-IJ6pUc

I call this camper a 'luxury apartment on the back of your truck' LOL

D6c

Quote from: OlJarhead on January 13, 2018, 10:14:35 AM
https://youtu.be/fP_V-IJ6pUc

I call this camper a 'luxury apartment on the back of your truck' LOL

Dang, that's a nice slide in....I could pretty well live in that.

Darrel

I like it, and Vera wants one too.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Arctic Fox is top of the line.  Congratulations on making a very wise choice.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Y'all going to enjoy that camper. It's a DanG shame I haven't used ours in almost three years. :(

OlJarhead

I looked a long time before finally deciding to go new and with AF but one thing was really clear:  like Subaru's, a used AF is darn near as expensive as a new one!  They appear to retain their value very well for a camper.

Also, they had the most headroom in the cab over bed than any other.  Sure, heavy and tall but very nice and the wife is exited about going milling with me now :D

OlJarhead

NorcalMatt

Thank You Sponsors!