iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forcat 2000

Started by Farmer46, January 14, 2005, 06:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer46

Hi,

Does anyone here know of a Forcat 2000 in use, in Maine or New Hampshire?  Would like to see one working in the woods. If it will do what it claims to do. Sounds like a nice rig. Gotta see to believe.
Thanks,
Farmer46

slowzuki

There was one working in Baxter State Park in Maine I think?

slowzuki

Nope, that was one of those twin line mini skidders from quebec with remote control on both winches.

Their website has a few videos to watch.  It is a neat little machine, I'd love to have one around to play with.

QuoteThere was one working in Baxter State Park in Maine I think?

Kevin

I had the opportunity to see one demo here a couple of years ago.
They're a little bull dog in the woods designed for low impact.

Scott

Those little forcats are pricey. A bombardier J5 would be cheaper and easyier to find. You'd just have to put a winch on it. I'm not sure if it would work as well though  ???

buck5611

They are very pricy. around $28000.Can. I personnally tink that it is way too much for such a machine and for this money, or a lot less you can have many decent choices like: a very good used J5, a skidder, a 4WD tractor with winch.I never see a Forcat in operation but I saw one in a forestry expo.Nice little machine but after the dealer told me the price, I instantly hit the no go button.  Carol

HORSELOGGER

A good stout pair of geldings, dressed in work clothes can be had for 3-4k, even with the feed bill , it would be far less expensive than a 28,0000 machine, and the team will pull more while impacting less. :)
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Thank You Sponsors!