iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gravity Light

Started by DMcCoy, February 28, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMcCoy

https://gravitylight.org/

I think this is really cool.  20 min of light from a falling weight.  $79.99 at Walmart/Amazon(cough! cough!).  The old days when my eyes started burning from the kerosene lamp during power outages are long gone but I can see this is a great improvement.  NEVER needs batteries!  

You tube has a homemade version that is super noisy. :(

samandothers

Pretty cool!  Not a high lumen but very good substitute for a burning wick.

Grizzly

I'd like to try one at a campsite. Don't need to carry the ballast with you just throw a piece of firewood in the bag to create weight. Hang a couple from trees and have an easy utility light? I wonder.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

gspren

If anyone tries one I'd sure like to hear their impressions.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Stuart Caruk

I've bought several of these. They work great in 3rd world countries without electricity, and produce a substantial amount of light. Water bottle lights work great for dark places in the daytime, but these are really cool at night.

Although, the new LED addition to the bottle lights last longer and are far less expensive to set up.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Thank You Sponsors!