iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberframe Build with Photos

Started by Woulde, May 24, 2016, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woulde

Woulde

fishfighter

That is going to be a nice place. keep us updated.

woodworker9

That is beautiful.  Please keep posting updates.  It's inspirational, and helps me work on the wife! ;D
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Raider Bill

What kind of ICF blocks did you use?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Woulde

Quote from: Raider Bill on May 25, 2016, 08:03:37 AM
What kind of ICF blocks did you use?

Fox Blocks.  I hired a local crew to do the install and I'm glad I did.  No way I could have done this myself.  There are eleven pilasters that had to be framed in to support the timber posts above that had to be spot on.  Thank goodness everything came together as planned.

I followed your project a few years back with great interest.  Almost, almost made me *think* I could do it myself.

The timber frame went up last summer and was weathered in before fall, just getting around to post pics.  More to come.

LittleJohn

Quote from: Woulde on May 24, 2016, 02:45:26 PM

;)I like this ALOT, I know a guy who would be very proud of you for putting tubing in the slab ;D

BTW, not sure if you have it yet our not, but will you be running an OWB or a different kind of heat source?? Just interested

Woulde

Quote from: LittleJohn on May 25, 2016, 10:55:51 AM
Quote from: Woulde on May 24, 2016, 02:45:26 PM

;)I like this ALOT, I know a guy who would be very proud of you for putting tubing in the slab ;D

BTW, not sure if you have it yet our not, but will you be running an OWB or a different kind of heat source?? Just interested

Electric boiler heat for lower level.  Heat loss calc was 12,000 BTU, but i'm putting in 30,000 BTU.  Main level heat and cooling with two 15,000 BTU ductless mini splits. 

fishfighter

What kind of trees your frame was made from?

Thank You Sponsors!