iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

only the 2# time

Started by Peter Drouin, November 10, 2013, 07:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

In all the decades I have been sawing it's only the 2# box of blades I had to sharping before using. I use Wood Mizer blades and open a new box put one on and the thing would not cut straight. :D  so I took it off put on the next one , same thing  :D went and put on the 3# one and it broke on the 2# cut on the weld. So I went to the barn and sharping all 9 that was in the box. I look at the set and sure enough the set was off on one side on all of them.  :D :D
After I sharpen them they cut nice and straight.
I'm not complaining just let you all know even Wood Mizer can slip up from time to time .  :D :D :D and it's all part of having a saw mill.  :D :D 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Oh Peter  no_no......check your alignment, your rollers, your speed......etc. You know it can't be the blades.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

I had one that wouldn't cut right out of the box once. But I may have sawn the top of a back stop off with it first. But you know what they say, no pics, didn't happen. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

I have seen this once as well, back in 08'  the blade vibrated through the cut with a very terrible finish, swapped blades and all was fine.  It does happen, like you said is part of running a sawmill,  and it sure makes me appreciate a smooth running band.     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

I haven't received any blades that wouldn't cut decent lumber, but I have gotten a few that didn't cut as easily as some of my resharpened blades!  ;)

A lot of things can factor in on blades, such as packaging and handling!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

But WM will replace that broken weld blade with a new one.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

5quarter

I apologize Peter. My trained chimpanzee who sharpens my blades for me must be taking jobs on the sly. He's a nice little fellow, but I see that I 'm gonna have to put and end to this monkey business once and for all. last week I caught him setting teeth with a pair of pliers... ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Magicman on November 10, 2013, 10:46:40 PM
But WM will replace that broken weld blade with a new one.   ;D

When I go to the Maine open house in the spring I will bring it with me.
That's when I like to get blades , there on a discount  ;D

Quote from: Chuck White on November 10, 2013, 10:27:17 PM
I haven't received any blades that wouldn't cut decent lumber, but I have gotten a few that didn't cut as easily as some of my resharpened blades!  ;)

A lot of things can factor in on blades, such as packaging and handling!

I know what you mean, my resharp blades allways cut better. I think it's because I push the set out to .30. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ladylake

Every manufacturer has a hiccup once in a while, so far I've got one box of 10 that everyone broke after the 1st sharpening, must have been hardened too much.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!