iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price Drops

Started by luvmexfood, July 09, 2015, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Is anybody else seeing price drops? Second one here in two weeks. Red or white oak veneer and hard maple veneer down to $500 a thousand.  :'(
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

my guy told me it was going down to but did not say how much  :'( :'( :'( :'(

ehp

the mills keep telling me the prices on red oak is dropping but I'm still getting the same as last winter , same with white ash . Soft maple has come up alot in the last couple months

Ron Scott

Our northern hardwoods and especially the hard maple has taken a drastic drop here recently..
~Ron

plasticweld

My prices per thousand on white red oak and hard maple are all down $100 from last winter also grading has toughed up. I am about 500 dollars down from the same load as last winter.   Ash and hickory are the same as well as the soft wood prices

clww

I mentioned a few weeks ago that oak was low.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Oliver05262

plasticweld, I've been told the same around here. Prices per thou are lower, grading is tougher, and even the scale may be questioned. :o
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

cutter88

Same here in Ontario vinneer prices not dropping to harsh but saw logs sure are hard maple and oak down to 80 a tun
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Thank You Sponsors!