iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek 133 won't run

Started by lumbertick, January 11, 2015, 06:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumbertick

Our fabtek 133 with a john deere motor quit running on us Saturday and it threw a code that the fuel temp was to high..?
Does anyone know what would cause this?
Got good fuel threw the filters so it not the fuel gelled up.

logging pete

Mine quit on Wed. Lot of fuel out of the filters, cracked the injector lines, they would pulse fuel, but not spray fuel. It turned out to be the engine controller.  A bad wiring harness can cause it to stop, bad injector pump solenoid  also. Mine will show [open pump solenoid circuit] code in all 3 instances. They tell me the injector pump is very sensitive to air in the system, will shut down.

lumbertick

How did you figure out it was the engine controller? You have to have someone come out and plug it in?

logging pete

Nortrax let me plug a used one in, it has a flaw in it, but it will run. Deere has to install the new one, has to be plugged into their laptop an setup for the spec. engine.

Corley5

What year are your 133s?  Mines a 99 with the 6068 non turbo.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lumbertick

Corley5

Do you have fuel at the injectors?  Mine has an electric fuel shut off on the injection pump.  The connection at the pump was bad once upon a time.  It could also be the shut off solenoid in the pump.  Maybe?  No fuel leaking out of the injection pump?  I had a bad experience with that a year ago with a Lucas pump.  I don't how similar the two machines are with 6 years age difference and turbo vs. non turbo and know just enough about it to be dangerous to myself  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

logging pete

Mine is a 2005 send me a P.M. or a number to reach you, I am willing to tell you what I have done to mine.

lumbertick

989-329-1553 I orderd a new injection pump today.. The code it was throwing was fuel sylinoide stuck open... So they say I had to have a new pump.. We will see if that fixes it tomorrow

kiko

Lumber tick , I am not aware of any code that would tell you that the injection control solonoid was stuck open, but rather that there is an open circuit.  That would be F462 also known as 001076.05 or spn 1076 fmi 5 which is the code for open circuit to pump control solonoid.  Which as logger Pete stated a bad connection in wiring harness or the solonoid itself( which cannot be purchased separate from the pump).  The pump controled is controlled by pulse width modulation rather straight voltage. With that fuel temp code earlier I would suspect a faulty wiring harness. I have found the solution to this fault code in the plug to ECM. Taking a small pick and slightly bending the connections in so they would contact the male pins on the ECM fixed this without replacing the engine harness.  In most cases once you install that pump it belongs to you whether or not it fixes the problem. The actual code number you are experiencing would help.

lumbertick

Spn1076 and fmi5.  Are the codes it's showing

lumbertick

We checked for power at the sylinoide on the pump and when it was rolling over we had power.

logging pete

Those are the codes mine would show, when I had a bad wiring harness, it would show power at injector pump on the meter, does not matter as Kiko explained.  try KIKO'S suggestion I have moved harness around near engine controller and got it to start. I think my harness was bad at the area where it laid on back of the block on bell housing. It will show that code with a bad harness, injector pump solenoid or engine  controller.

1270d

We had a similar problem in a forwarder.  Same engine, same codes I think.   The problem was the wiring harness right where it plugs into the injector pump solenoid.   Wires had broken, and were very hard and brittle.

lumbertick

We'll we got the pump on and it still won't run! Got john deere coming out tomorrow to look at it

kiko

One down two to go.  Fifty fifty shot, engine wiring harness or ECM , my money's on the wiring harness . 

lumbertick

Service guy was out today and he says it the ECU now.. Got one on order I guess we will see if that works in the morning... I sure hope so this will make it around $4500 we got into it and it's been down since last Saturday

kiko

Can I ask how he determined ECM failure?

lumbertick

He checked all the wires that plug into the ECM for continuity and he said there all good... If it's the wiring harness I am not going to be happy!

kiko

I am not there so what I say may not apply to your situation, however I have been in the same situation multiple times.  Even though the continuity test shows good.  The pin contact at the ECM plug will not carry the current to operate the pump control solonoid.  A simple test of ECM function would be to unplug the intake manifold temp sensor which is located at the inlet coming out of charge cooler.  If this produces a new code , spn 105 fmi 3, then the computer is operational.  If this test works out use a pick to slightly cave in the female connectors at the ECM plug. The wires going to pump controller will be K2 and A3.

North River Energy

Kiko,
Just a random 'thank you' for taking the time to write helpful/informative posts.
When/if my operation reaches the level of 'heavy' iron, I'll be looking to have you (and several others) on speed-dial. :)

so il logger

Ill second that thank you. guys like kiko and theyre knowledge is the reason i joined the forum

lumbertick

We'll they came out and put the new ECM on and it runs like a top again

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

Quote from: lumbertick on January 16, 2015, 05:53:56 PM
We'll they came out and put the new ECM on and it runs like a top again
and how much did all this cost?

Thank You Sponsors!