iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

F65g clark winch

Started by Milligan, February 13, 2015, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milligan

I live in Australia and have a f65g clark Skidder there is no information here on how to rebuild its winch (w 200-16 ) I've read that there is a workshop manual available (No. 3231-R2 ) but no one here knows what I'm talking about was hopeing some1 may read this and b able to help. Will buy if any1 has anything about this winch thanks

rockwall

You can get a manual free from Allied Systems. Go to www.alliedsystems.com/pubs/pubs.htm  and then click on Ranger on the left, then slide over to parts manuals. On page 2 is parts manual for F65, click on R6605 and it will download as a pdf file. The winch is covered in Section A. good luck!

Milligan

Thanks 4 your help rockwall it shows the breakdown of winch but I need to know if there is a clutch pack in transmission that I need to look at also and where the winch brake is situated. Thought some1 over there may have repaired 1 of these winchs and b able to point me in the right direction cheers

rockwall

Someone will chime in soon to help you out. I had to rebuild my winch on my 1977 664B with a W 311-1 clark winch. I had to rebuild the winch control valve, the disc clutch brake and the large clutch pack inside the drum. These were all part of the winch, fairly easy to get at once I took the winch off the skidder. There was nothing I had to do with the transmission but pressure is supplied to winch from transmission(240-280 psi)

oldseabee

I do have a manual for that winch, I'll have to look in the storage bulding to see if I have a spare, I can mail it or see how many pages, possibly scan and email it. I'll get back on this post when I've been to the storage building. I have just moved and have to set up a new email address. I'll change it on the forum once I get set up, the old one may still work, email me with your info. and I'll get back.

beenthere

The PM feature works to exchange info... (hint).   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rockwall

For your sake I was hoping oldseabee would chime in, now you are in good hands.

Milligan

Thank u oldseabee I was getting to the stage of thinking I may have to buy a different winch. If u do have the manual I will pay 4 it or even a whole repair manual on this machine thanks heaps Stewart

Milligan

My mechanic was wondering if u also had information on the (18000) transmission in the f65g Skidder also oldseabee. I will pay u 4 any out of pocket costs thanks Stewart my email address is Theshopcorindi@bigpond.com.au

thecfarm

Milligan,welcome to the forum.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rockwall

How was your winch acting? What made you think it needs work?

treeslayer2003

Quote from: rockwall on February 15, 2015, 07:38:49 AM
How was your winch acting? What made you think it needs work?
+1 these don't give alot of trouble. as to a different winch, i think youll find thats not worth doing.
some times converter or pump problems seem like a winch problem.

Milligan

The winch wouldn't pull a loaded truck off a slippery log deck, plus I was pulling down a hung up tree n the winch brake let go it still wound in n would free spool but carry no weight. As we know nothing about these (200) series winchs we assumed the worst. Is there clutchs in pto shaft from transmission or does it only work on oil pressure. Don't even know where to look for the brake at thanks

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Milligan on February 15, 2015, 02:16:12 PM
The winch wouldn't pull a loaded truck off a slippery log deck, plus I was pulling down a hung up tree n the winch brake let go it still wound in n would free spool but carry no weight. As we know nothing about these (200) series winchs we assumed the worst. Is there clutchs in pto shaft from transmission or does it only work on oil pressure. Don't even know where to look for the brake at thanks
it works off transmission pressure. did you have the trans in neutral while winching? i find that a very heavy load while in forward low gear will stall the converter. when that happens nothing works, your just converting HP to heat. as far as the brake, iv not had one fail to date......every thing wears out.

Milligan

Ya mate trans was in neutral the winch rope wound on got tension then nothing. Hopefully a man over there said he has repair manuals on trans n winch that will explain everything 4 us but thanks 4 your help n information

rockwall

Milligan, while you are waiting you could do a search in this forum.Go to top of page and type in (clark winch) in search box, then use drop down arrow to right and choose this board. When I did it, an old post came up on page 2 of the search results #40 clark winch by rockwall Feb. 1, 2012 and #36 by brent373. It gives a lot of info on the winch. I did see somewhere the 200 series Clark winch operates similarly to the 300 but disassembly is different.

kiko

I dug into the archives in my brain and in my books.  The pull clutch for the winch is located in the transmission right behind the the pto shaft.  This clutch pack can be removed in frame.  The winch brake is located on the end of the drum shaft opposite from the bevel gears. It is a clutch pack set up as well rather than a band.  There are seal rings that provide transmission pressure to the rotating pull clutch.  Fluid pressure could be lost at seal rings or clutch piston seals.  Worn clutch disc could cause slippage as well.  Any time the pull clutch is engaged the brake clutch would also be released. Brake clutch is spring applied and hydraulically released.  To diagnose point of failure,  free spool cable , then with winch control in hold position pull something with the skidder and see if holds.  If it holds in this senerio then the brake clutch is operational and the failure is in pull clutch.  If it does not hold you could have issues with both clutches.  Because the winch clutches operate off of transmission pressure, pump or pressure regulater related low transmission pressure would show up as transmission issues as well. In the parts manual the winch clutch will be listed as the pto clutch.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: rockwall on February 16, 2015, 06:33:51 AM
Milligan, while you are waiting you could do a search in this forum.Go to top of page and type in (clark winch) in search box, then use drop down arrow to right and choose this board. When I did it, an old post came up on page 2 of the search results #40 clark winch by rockwall Feb. 1, 2012 and #36 by brent373. It gives a lot of info on the winch. I did see somewhere the 200 series Clark winch operates similarly to the 300 but disassembly is different.
ah, he is talking about the small winch then.......i never had one. my 664 is fitted with the big winch just like my 666.
Rockwall could you link that?

rockwall

treeslayer, What do you mean, link that?

treeslayer2003

Quote from: rockwall on February 16, 2015, 06:33:51 AM
^^^ this, in case our friend has trouble finding it.

Milligan

thanks every1 oldseabee to the rescue he has the manuals i was in need of thanks again 4 all the information milligan

Milligan

Oldseabee has come to my rescue he has the manuals I need n is making postal enquiries so thanks again every1 for your assistance n information

rockwall

Another success story on the Forestry Forum!

Milligan

I have the manuals (thanks to oldseabee) now all I now need is a phone number of a good spare parts company who I can source the parts I need through. Any suggestions r very welcome as Australia has no spares 4 clark (f65) skidders. Cheers milligan

Thank You Sponsors!