iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Afternoon with FF friends-Updated

Started by Furby, August 19, 2005, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Some of you may remember a thread several weeks back about my visit at the Stump Jumpers, well today they repaid the visit! 8)

We spent the afternoon swapping stories and I picked their brains on several things. ;D
Gave them a tour around my dump.....I mean place and they got to see just how much more I have to go with the renovation. ::)
Anyways, thanks for stopping out guys!

DanG

Well............................?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

None..........that I know of. ::)

Stump Jumper

Would of replied sooner but the power went out.

We all had a great time visiting Furby.  He is doing a fine restoration job of his house.  It will be a fine home when it is done.  He has a lot of projects on his hands.

He is pretty active for someone of 99 yrs old. :D :D :D

It is always nice visiting FF members.  Hope to be able to visit again soon.

Thanks for the visit Furby. 
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Furby

Well today we did it again and Paschale managed to make it this time! 8)

We all met at the auction preview and spent some time drooling over equipment and wood.
Also swapped out stories for a while.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

Furby took the pic!
You all are never happy are ya. ::)

Jeff

Was this "thee" auction you talked about in the "other room"? :) The tree service lumber and euip auction?

It is always good to see you folks finding each other. Aint it crazy how you start running into forum members by accident now? Dont know if its because we all think similar and find our selves in the same places or that there is just getting to be so DanG many of us. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Yup, that's thee one!
Jeff, ya should know by now that FF members PLAN to meet at these things. ;) ;D

Jeff

Not always. I keep running into folks by accident.

Furby

I don't have that problem........I watch where I'm going! :D :D

Paschale

Yeah...we all had a good ole time today!   8)  I had more of a chance to talk with the Stumpjumpers today than I did at the pigroast.  They're great people, and it was fun "talking shop" with them, as well as just chatting about the forum.  Monica's a sweetie, and she was proudly telling me about her pink hookaroon.  I told her that I had seen her picture from the day she received it.  And the Stumpjumpers son...well, I it's clear he knows his way around a sawmill.  He was showing me how the edger worked.   ;D  Maybe when I get my mill fixed, he could give me a few pointers.   ;)

I was telling all of them that the one thing that's fun about running into FFers is that you finally have someone you can talk to who UNDERSTANDS!   

Oh, and if you look in that picture, I've got a hold of a white thing--those are some eggs Furby brought me!   And he brought me a couple of old cookbooks--I'm already planning some things out of those.  Looks like I'm going to have to invite Furby over for dinner sometime!   Thanks Jason.

It was good to see you all today!

Oh...and Delcy...I bet this'll get you what you wanted...just remember to use the really good parmesan cheese instead of the Kraft stuff.  That doesn't make very good alredo...but the real stuff...YUM!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

I thinks you should get an incubator and see what hatches out of Furby eggs.

Corley5

So you guys all met up an auction.  That's  8)  But did ya buy anything at the auction ??? ;) ;D ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Furby

farmerdoug

Well Furby, what did you buy? ???

I know Kirk Allen purchased the trailer and a Nyle unit. 8)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Furby

Well Furby is broke, been spending too much at other auctions the last couple weeks. ::)
I did get out bid on several stacks of lumber, just couldn't afford to spend more.

Hey Jeff, ya need a rooster for that to work. ;) We don't have one. ;D

Paschale

I was looking at some stacks o flumber too...mainly some cherry...but got outbid...oh well.

It was fun anyway.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

farmerdoug

I was interested in the Woodmizer mill but it went higher than I set my limit.   :( The seller was bidding against us so I was not to happen to bid anyways.  >:(

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Thank You Sponsors!