iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life on the rocks

Started by SwampDonkey, May 25, 2012, 07:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Some of the land we thin is pretty rocky at times. These are some lichens I saw on a recent site.

Also, would like to mention the snakes. I saw at least 20 snakes on the rocks. ;D Some areas that had water, the snakes were hunting frogs.  I saw at least 3 snakes that were striking distance from a frog. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

The first one looks like Caribou food and I didn't realize you guys had snakes. What kind ?
Bill

Texas Ranger

and here I thought it was going to be about Canadian Club.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Garter snakes, don't know the species. Probably the common, ones I see have yellow bellies with dark green above. They are venomous, but non life threatening to humans. Just froggies and mice. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

Yeah, the drumbeat in the song "Radar Love" is more venomous than a garter snake up there. :D
I didn't see any this year while we were there.

Thank You Sponsors!