iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoughts on the older non m-tronic Stihl 441

Started by parkstopher, December 28, 2015, 11:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkstopher

In exchange for some debt ($300) I ended  up with an Stihl 441 in good running condition (needs a good cleaning) that is not the newer m-tronic models in current production.  I also ended up 2 half crunched 460 or 461 magnums (older style boxy covers but stickers are worn off) that will make at least one good saw one I purchase a new tank handle, if I decide to put the money into it.

#1 is the 441 a decent saw or did I get took?

#2 is it worth trying to rehab one of the 460 magnums?  The one in better shape is reported to run when the front tank handle broke falling off the skidder.  I need to clean it up and disassemble enough to figure out what it is.  My father has a mid90's 044 and it's a good saw, not sure how these compare performance wise?  I trust someone out here might have the exploded parts view?

Thanks,
Chris

WorkingRabbit

A good running 441 is WELL worth $300...and the 460/461 would be an easy flip if you wanted to sell it and didn't put $$$ into getting one running.   They're going for $600+ around here in used but good running order

Down_hand_dave

I will give you your 300 bucks and pay for shipping to my house if you would rather have the money!!

Thank You Sponsors!