iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stake Pointer

Started by WWright, December 02, 2018, 09:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WWright

Hello,
 I have really enjoyed this site and the useful information I have gotten here.Im thinking about getting a grade stake sharpener and was wondering what you guys suggest. We use a around 800 to 1000 per year with our excavation company. I do not lay my help off in the winter so I'm always looking for things to keep everyone busy. So I thought making some stakes might take up a little time. I have been in business in the same area over thirty years so I actually think i could develop a small market for these with my customers and other trades we work with.

Thank You 

Bruno of NH

I think most small producers have the Hudson pointer.
I don't know of any made at the cost point.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

nativewolf

You can find used ones, Sawmillexchange is a sponsor.  Here's a used on they have for sale.  

View Product » Pendu Stake Pointer » Sawmill Exchange

Also try looking on craigslist but we're not supposed to put links to CL on here.  Anyhow, you might find one..there was one for sale in October in NH.  
Liking Walnut

WWright

Thank You Bruno and Nativewolf!

bandmiller2

A table saw is almost as fast as A dedicated pointer machine. Just be sure the lads use goggles or even better a face mask. Two quick cuts, no need for perfect angles. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Jeff

Contact member @Captain he has or had one for sale.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

He wanted 400. Text message From Craig awhile back, that i forgot about.

Home-Made stake pointer
220v single phase motor
Works great
List it and sell....50% to the Forestry Forum !!

$400
If they arrange shipping I will palletize 

Captain

Yes still available
And still 50% to the Forestry Forum !!
Captain

nativewolf

Hey MA is basically local to a RI boy.  
Liking Walnut

WWright

Hey Thanks guys! I have already sent Captain a PM. Yes I consider anywhere in MA local 

Hughbilly802

WWright for what it's worth, I purchased this stake pointer tip for my 1/2" drill and it works great.  Chewed up a dozen stakes in just a few minutes. It's by no means a production model but in order to keep your guys busy over the winter months it would certainly do the trick.

https://www.lumberjacktools.com/products/30-staking-tool

Jeff

Unless your guys are working for free, that drill sharpener would cost more in labor than you will make on the stake.  Stakes are extremely labor intensive to make. I know, ive personally made tens of thousands and our mill made hundreds of thousands over a twenty year period.

Thank You Sponsors!