iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Puttin Wheels on My Norwood

Started by PawNature, August 12, 2006, 11:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PawNature

Haven't got a chance to tow it yet. I will post the rest of the pics when I do.

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Furby

Couple of things, make SURE the carriage is LOCKED to the bed before allowing the bed to rest on the wheels alone!
Also, I'd be worried about the stress on the bed without springs if you are going down the road.
Not sure where you have the axel placed along the length of the bed, but ya need some height if it's torwards the middle. There is very little clearance at the rear other wise.

PawNature

Got it covered furby. Don't plan on moving more than a couple of miles at a time. Forgot the exact measurment of axle but is slightly to rear of center.

Born Yesterday

Furby

getoverit

I found out first hand why ya needed to lock down the power head when I first tried trailering my first bandmill. Glad I had a skidsteer to help pick it up off of the ground :D

Paw, are the wheels easily removable with that setup? I can see where that would be a real advantage when milling if the tires werent in the way.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Furby

Um, I didn't have a skidsteer to help me. :-\

The previous owner had done it with the engine running and blew the engine as he couldn't get to it fast enough.

It's a pretty helpless feeling to see it rolling down the track, hit the end stops and go tumbling across the yard. :o ::)

PawNature

Quote from: getoverit on August 12, 2006, 09:46:59 PM

Paw, are the wheels easily removable with that setup? I can see where that would be a real advantage when milling if the tires werent in the way.

Getoverit, Yes the wheels are easy to remove. Just pull the 2 pins and out they slide.
I also plane to use the rest of the 2" tubing to fab a winch stand that will slide into the existing tubing.

Thank You Sponsors!