iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dealing with death of my child

Started by doug blotz, December 21, 2018, 01:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

As stated by others, there are no words to share that express the emotion, the sorrow, the grief. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

trapper

Sorry for you.  My best friend died recently  and it sure took me down  and that is nothing compared to what you are experiencing.
Marv 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Sixacresand

Praying for you and your family.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

sawguy21

That is particularly tough this time of year, I cannot imagine a greater pain. Know that we are here for you and don't be afraid to drop in and talk, this support here was wonderful when I lost my wife.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

timberking

Doug, I have no magic words to soothe your pain but I think grieving is healing.  Not something you can get over but be able to deal with.  

Bruno of NH

Praying for you and your family.
My brother lost his only child a son .
He was only 23 and he had worked with me off and on.
I know what you are going through.
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SawyerTed

I have two precious adult daughters, I can't imagine the pain or struggle.

My wife included the poem below in the funeral for my mother-in-law who passed recently.  I'm pretty sure my daughters are enough like their mother and grandmother that they would not just want me to go on but would expect me to go on with life if I lose one of them.

Maybe this might help. God's comfort and peace be with you.

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

hopm

Will be prayerful of you and your family. Words will not sooth only God's touch can bring peace and the assurance of eternity. This will be my prayer for you.

Jeff

Ive lost parents, siblings, best friends, but i can not imagine the heartache of losing a child. Just know that the forum and its membership is here to help hold you up when you need us.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

goose63

Doug

I am so sorry to hear this.

My daughters birthday was yesterday I lost Mandy 12 years agao on Nvember 8 the day befor deer hunting season the last thing she said was see you in the morning dad we are going to get that buck I didn't hunt that year.
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Pine Ridge

Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Gary_C

I lost my 42 year old son a year ago this week and I can tell you there is no magic formula on how to get thru this difficult time. For me, I've had to be strong for my wife to lean on thru this difficult time. I've learned to just take one step forward at a time and just keep looking forward. Remember the good times you've had with your daughter and not dwell on the tragedy of the loss. Easy to say and write but it's the best remedy for your grief.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IMERC

This hurts to read about your loss...
Hearts to you Doug..
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

mike_belben

You still hangin in there Doug?  
Praise The Lord

AMBoser

Doug, The pain of this loss must be so incredible. I wish there was something, anything I could do to ease the suffering, and I know others here feel the same. Feel free to reach out anytime. Your feelings are welcome. 
Trying to learn without making a mistake every time.

petefrom bearswamp

Ted thats a beautiful poem.
I have no words of comfort only to say I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

maple flats

So very sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers go out for you and your family. I have 2 daughters and 2 sons, I can't even imagine the pain of losing one of them.
As others have said, cry, it can help heal. Remember the good times and maybe do some special project in her honor.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

doug blotz

Brothers, thank you all for your responses. I'm hanging in there but still don't know which way is up. It helps knowing there is such a great group of guys to lean on during this tough time. I have not been able to read all of your responses yet as I get overwhelmed. I will get back to all of you when I can think straight. Again, thank you all. Hug your loved ones and have a wonderful Christmas.
                                                                      Sincerely, Doug B.

newoodguy78

Hang in there mister,it won't be easy but you can do it 

sandhills

I'm so saddened to read this, I have 3 daughters that I worry about everyday, Doug, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.  Jeff has put together a wonderful family here as well that you can lean on, I may not have the "cure" but never be afraid to pm me and just vent if it helps.  I just can't imagine but like everyone else has stated we're all here for you, stay strong. 

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

reride82

Hello Doug,

That is terrible news, please accept my condolences. I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through. My daughter is only 7 months old and I can't imagine losing her. I'm also in Butte, and if you need some time in the woods, you can join me anytime. Heal well sir, these things are best to be dealt with as a community. I'll send you my contact info if you want to talk, knock some trees down, run a saw for a while, make some lumber, or stare into a campfire for a while.

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Martha White Nelson

This news saddens me deeply.  Please accept my most sincere condolences for the loss of your daughter and grand baby.  Lifting you and your family up in prayer. 
Martha

Kitty

So very, very sorry to hear of your losses. The very act of you asking for suggestions on how to deal with your loss is a step in healing. You are in my prayers. 

10 years ago Dave and I experienced the loss of my son's fiancĂ©. They had been together 8 years, she was very special to us.  We grieved heavily and still do but with a lesser intensity. My son, to help with his grieving created a memorial dvd - set to her favorite music. On that video was pictures and videos they had made together over the course of their time together. He made copies to give to anyone who wanted one

Maybe you could do something like that or have someone do it for you.  It helps to go back just to see that smiling face again. It has helped us.

Many Blessings...

Logger RK

A friend of mine made me a video of me & my Sons Logging through the years,with Ted Nugent singing Fred Bear. He took pictures I had sent him & put it all together without me knowing about it. It was very nice of him to do that for me. 

Thank You Sponsors!