iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does anyone here use a Brand X Mill?

Started by farmhand, January 31, 2004, 08:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmhand

Just wondering if anyone here uses or knows anyone who uses a Brand X mill?

Thanks  

Farmhand
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

Captain

Other than Jay Brand himself, I don't recall any FF members with a complete Brand X mill.  

Would like to potentially hear of some, however.

Captain

woodbowl

Hey Captain, back in Jan of 2004 you talked a bit about Jay Brand and his Brand X swing blade. I would like to know if you or any one else has any new info. Surley, there are some of his mills out there working in the field.---------Thanks for the relay to DanG.   woodbowl
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Hey Woodbowl!  Welcome, welcome, welcome! 8) 8)  I'm glad ya decided to join in.  Thinkin' about goin' over to your place to look at that truck.  Don't tell these other guys about it, or they'll beat me to it. :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodbowl

Hey Dang, just hollar when you get ready. We'll crank her up. Time it just right, and I'll have my WM back home. It's been on a job for 3 weeks now. You can see my retro fit hydraulics on a manuel LT 40. See if you can poke Deadheader about his ambition to build a homemade swingblade. I can't seem to find it in his past post. What I would really like, is to hear from a
Brand X owner that has cut enough logs now, and can tell us how it's working out.------woodbowl
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Fla._Deadheader

Well Howdy there Woodbowl. Welcome to the Forum.

Ya gotta watch that there DanG feller. He will have ya procrastinatin all over yerself and ya won't git no work done.  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

What kinda truck ya sellin.  ::) ::) :D :D :D :D

I'm gonna stomp all over them Swing Boys, and tell ya that there ain't nothing really difficult about buildin them swingers. GOOD workmanship and plenty of Pay attention to details, is the 2 main ingredients to buildin one of them.

I talked to Jay Brand several times, when I was plannin to mount a Swing frame on Homey. Then, there was that huge forest fire in his area, and I haven't heard hide nor hair from him, since.  ::)  Hope he wasn't burned out.

His website is something about forestry or logging products. MIGHT Google him up ???  He was gonna work real close with me, as was Jake from Peterson's. Both were great guys to try to help me.

Just looked in my Favorites and here's Jay's Website. Don't know if he's around or not ???

http://www.loghomes.com/BrandX/Millintroductionsdoc.html
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Captain

Sorry Guys, still don't know of anyone up here in my area running a Brand X. 

I met Jay once, in Richmond VA last year.  BEFORE the Forest Fire.

Glad to have you, Woodbowl.  It was good to see you and DanG linked up.

Captain

Haytrader

farmhand,

Get Jay Brands land line number off the website and give him a call. He will supply you with a few of his customers numbers. At least he did me. I called a couple and found out that they are happy with the mill.
They have some long straight timber to whack up NW. That is where they shine.

Hope this helps.
Haytrader

woodbowl

Deadheader, I'm not supposed to say nothin' about the 1969 International bucket truck that runs real good and selling real cheap or gona' trade it for a backhoe, because DanG has got his eyeball on it and doesn't want the word out. Besides, it's a secret.--------woodbowl

Fla._Deadheader

Ok, he won't hear about that from me.  ::) ::) :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

lumberman

This is Mrs. Jay Brand,  Just thought I'd let everyone know that our correct web address is www.brandxsawmills.com.  Please give us a call anytime at 866-428-2639 and we'll gladly give you some names and numbers of brand x owners to talk to.

DanG

Well, HOWDY, Mrs Jay Brand!  We were beginning to think you folks had burnt up in the big fire. :o  Glad to see you're alive and well! 8) 8)

There's a lot of different types and makes of mills out there, but there is always somebody looking for another alternative.  Your participation, and possible sponsorship here, would be an excellent way to boost your business. 

I figure ol' Jay is reared back in his recliner, about now, with his toes waving at the ceiling fan.  This might be a good time to yank the handle on the side of his chair and tell him, "GET YOUR BONES UP HERE AND TALK TO THESE PEOPLE!"  If that's not your style, you might just whisper something to that effect in his ear. ;D ;) :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

lumberman

Recliner!!!!  I'ts all dusty and covered in cob webs.  Seems like there's no time for the recliner since he's always down at the shop building sawmills.

We do have lots of brand x owners spread across the country by now, Washington State to New York State, Louisianna to Arizona and even up the Alaska Highway in Canada and places in between.       

woodbowl

Hi Mrs. Brand, It's good to talk with you again. I got the video and must say that I am very impressed. I can't wait untill Jay gets board and decides to automate His rigid creation. We're looking forward to hearing from Jay on the forum.

Fla._Deadheader

Gotta add to Doc's post. E-mailed Brand-X on Monday, got the video and brochure outta the mailbox, yesterday. Great folks.

I talked with Mr. Jay Brand on several occasions, when we had thoughts of modifyin Homey to take a Swing frame, with a swap-out of the Bandhead. He offered all sorts of help and info, as did Jake from Peterson. I can't imagine any Manufacturers that would tell a stranger so much info. We got some great folks around here, and I hope the Brand_X family can join in more often.

Glad to hear the Fire did not take them. That was one of the largest fires I can remember seein on the TV.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!