iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where are all the building reports and up-dates?

Started by Qweaver, June 06, 2010, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I enjoy building "stuff" and reading about what others are building.  It seems like there used to be a lot of these type of posts.  I miss them.  Get to posting you all!   ;D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Sprucegum

Here's a little teaser; a 10 X 14 skid shack to keep me comfy in the winter at the woodlot

Its all going to be rough cut; saw in the morning, nail in the afternoon. I will buy windows and a door  :) and lots of tarpaper.

Radar67

I off loaded the last of my siding, that DonK cut for me, yesterday. I hope to get my siding on my shed started this week.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

I'm gluing up my window bench.  Will post pics in a bit.  There are lots of progress reports on some of the other boards here.

ErikC

Just fixing to start an outdoor kitchen, canning kitchen type building. I may get it done this summer. :-\
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Larry

Quinton your so fast you put up 3 buildings with a broken leg, while the rest of us are still doodling on paper.  Kathy has noticed this amazing speed and high quality you demonstrate.  My style is sorta slow and pokey...Kathy has also commented on my style..it was not complementary.

Anyhow as of this afternoon.  Maybe get the outside completed in a few weeks...if the fish quit biting.

Still a bit of change from when I posted these pictures.

My framing crew

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Qweaver

Wow Larry.  Working alone is tough.  I have always had my sidekick David and most times wife Sarah to help me. Two guys can do 3 times more work done in the same amount of time.  Our biggest time saver is being able to work off of a platform on the forks of the tractor.  With one operating the tractor, one on the platform and one handing up tools and supplies...things go fast.  Same way when we saw.  Three old coggers, me 65, Uncle Lowell 73 and cousin Dave 68 can limp around and still turn out a lot of lumber.  :D
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

customdave

Trying to build 3 compartment grain bin , but hasn't quit raining after we got started, not complaining though we seriously need this rain & lots more, but we'll get her in between drops!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

JohnG28

I just built a new dock section to dock up the boat.  Just an 18' slip for the boat, but the chest deep water was still a little cold.  One days work and the boat was in the following week.  Ready for summer now, if only there werent more projects...
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Thank You Sponsors!