iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Countdown has began to Pigroast 2007!

Started by Jeff, November 01, 2006, 10:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

asy

Quote from: isawlogs on November 02, 2006, 09:26:47 PM
  Asy .. what is an " Antipodean  "    ??? 

Marcel, The "Antipodean point" of any place on the globe is it's direct opposite, for example, if someone pushed a giant skewer through the globe (going through the exact centre) the points at which the skewer comes out would be antipodean to each other.

The English used to call Australia and NZ "The Antipodes" because we were seen to be at the other end of the earth.

You can look up a description HERE in WIKIPEDIA

So, the Antipodean Piggy roast means not only the piggy roast in Aus and NZ, but ALSO, at the other end of the earth to da Boss's house.

see? :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Tom

We were always told, when kids, if we dug deep enough, we would come out in China.  I wonder what the opposite side of the globe from Florida USA would be?

asy

Check that link I put up, Tom, there's a map there and you can work it out...

Seems it's in the ocean somewhere off Perth!!!  Not many Chinese there!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jeff

THere was something on T.V. the other day about that digging to china question.  There were only a couple places in the whole of the united states where if you could go straight through you would hit land.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I'ts  a good thing me and Charlie quit digging then.  We would have punched a hole in the bottom of the pacific ocean and drained the whole think into Lake Okeechobee. :)

customsawyer

Hey Tom that meal you were planning for furby was your idea of stretching him out for the main course. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!