iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Make sure of a back stop

Started by rbhunter, December 15, 2007, 08:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbhunter

I just got back from deer hunting a little while ago. I have a standard policy of making sure you know what you are shooting at and have an adequate back stop.

Just as I was getting ready to unload my gun at the end of shooting light three deer came out. It was snowing and my scope was fogged up some and I could not see even thought they were not very far out. (Found out later my glasses were fogged up also) It was antlerless season here in Missouri and I was hunting public ground. I could see well enough to put the cross hairs on the doe but she was on the top of a hill as I was also and there was a part of the main trail on the other side of her. I decided to let down as she went her way I unloaded and started down the trail and met a group of two others comming back up the trail. I was very grateful I passed on the shot and stood by safe hunting rules. There was a good chance no one would have gotten shot but who knows.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sgtmaconga

Every year we hear of an accident because someone did not follow the very rule you pointed out. in georgia all hunter have to go thru a safety class now and that rule is drummed in.
Measure twice cut once

Thank You Sponsors!