iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forklift forks and backrest on backhoe bucket

Started by LKasdorf, November 13, 2003, 11:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LKasdorf

I've been keeping my eye out for a set of forks for my old Case 580b backhoe. I came across an ad for a set that came off a forklift for $200. They include the adjustable backrest.

I am not familiar with the details of forks. How tricky will it be to fabricate/purchase whatever it will take to weld on to my bucket so the backrest will hang? I've seen some pics on this site, but not really of the attachment of the backrest to the bucket. I guess those big hooks that I see on loaders is the thing I need.

I need forks forlots of things- moving logs, lumber, pallets of things, machinery, etc. I'll be moving next spring and figure forks for the hoe will come in very handy.

Jim_Rogers

First you have to see what these forks look like. Then if they are the same as mine, I could make a paper pattern for you and snail mail it to you. You need the back side of the forks to rest against the cutting edge of the bucket to make them stable to carry loads.
When I got mine new. They came with a set of drawings and a paper pattern (long since gone).
But I could make a new set for you.
Others have come over here to make a pattern from mine in order to make a set for themselves.
And I can give you some dimensions also.
Let me know.
Jim

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

ScottAR

I would call about them.  If they include the carriage, (the rack the forks mount on)  It would be pretty simple to make a frame that would mount on the bucket pins.  That way not much crowd force would be lost.

If they don't include the carriage, It'd be easier to make a bucket mount and buy forks made for bucket mount.  
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!