iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Limit switches

Started by revid, May 03, 2018, 03:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revid

Any recommendations and or links for limit switches for a bandsaw mill?

LeeB

What will they be use for?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Crusarius

I don't have any recommendations but I am also looking for something that will hold up to the weather. and sawdust.

I also need a rotary encoder.

FloridaMike

These are what I'm planning on using for saw head carriage travel stops at both ends of the track.  I like the spring arms, to prevent breakage when you come in a little too hot.
DAYTON Compact Limit Switch - 12T962|12T962 - Grainger!2966!10!8973609645!1102900018140&ef_id=Wk2HlAAABQF08-yQ:20180503125616:s
Mike

William1961

Hello.
Do a search for a user named kbeitz.
I searched and found a lot of info as to how to wire limit switches.
And also how to install speed controls with reverse wiring diagrams.
I wish I could post the link as all I did was take screen shots and saved them.

Maybe this link.

wheelchair motor wiring for auto feed in Sawmills and Milling

But ask Kbeitz.

revid

I bought the plunger type of the same kind but one broke after only a few  touches . I have where it touches spring loaded so that it doesn't hit to hard also. That one with the rod, Iam guessing it goes sideways to the travel? There's also one with a wheel, would that one go sideways also or head on?

Brad_S.

My Timber Harvester uses Eaton/Cutler Hammer pre wired limit switch part E47BCC06

The package calls it a compact limit switch with sealed pin plunger.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

revid

Got a pic, link or model number

Brad_S.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Ve7oab

Limit switches are available at electrical wholesalers. They can be explosion proof, water proof etc. Most have 2 sets of contact blocks, normally open or normally closed.
When used as end of travel, two switches are commonly used to provide safety. First switch is normal stop, next switch is emergency stop. Emergency stop are wired fail safe, it means switch carries current until condition of operation becomes false or not wanted. Attach a pull cord to activate it anywhere along saw. Ramp type metal actuators(flat bar)  are commonly added to activate switch slowly.   Sensor switches are also available. Search within these pages.

Electrical and Industrial Power Management Solutions | Eaton
WESCO International, Inc. | Home  

Thank You Sponsors!