iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fransgard Forestry Winch

Started by Furu, November 22, 2009, 02:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furu

I have been reading these forums for the last couple of months as I researched Logging winches.  One question I have is if anyone knows about the Fransgard logging winch documentation. 
There is a 21 page Handbook/Manual that has 2 pages of English and a single paragraph on three other pages with a parts breakdown.  There is also a  Safety, Maintenance and Operation Tips for North American winch models document that is 10 pages .  On the front cover of which is the statement: "The owner's operator and repair manual included with the machine must be read prior to using this machine."  Has anyone ever seen these other documents?  JS Woodhouse has the first two on their web site but nothing about the other ones.  The local dealer is trying to look into this but thought I would ask on the forum.
Thanks

Steve

thecfarm

TrovennForestry.I cannot help you with your question,but welcome to the forum.A good route you went with asking the dealer.He should be able to help you out.Just a few quick safety things about the winch.Never pull at 90° angle with it.if the trees catches up on something it can tip the tractor over.Watch the trees when you are winching them in.Brush can get caught up and send a smaller dead tree right up to you when the chokers are still 10 feet from you.Put the winch all the way down when you are using it so the blade will dig in.I put my loader down too.Here's a picture of my winch.

Try not to look behind you too long when winching.The twitch can get caught up on something and the rear axle will act like a pivot point and it might roll over.Always be ready to step on the clutch or brake to stop the tractor.I don't go fast out of the woods.Trying to save 5 minutes is not worth it.
Have you been around cutting wood before? I take it you own wood land?You must have a tractor,kind and hp?What are trees going to be used for.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dsgsr

TrovennForestry, Welcome to the forum. I have a Fransgard V4000 and have had many happy hours logging with it. What would you like to know about the winch? I didn't get much from the manual either.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

Magicman

TrovennForestry,  I can't answer your questions, but I can say Welcome to FF..... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Furu

For dsgsr
Since you have the Fransgard v-4000. What manuals did you get with it? 
The handbook with the two English language pages and 3 paragraphs in English;
and the Safety, Maintenance and Operation Tips for North American winch models document that is 10 pages . 
The tip handbook specifically references two other manuals with the front cover statement: "The owner's operator and repair manual included with the machine must be read prior to using this machine."
Do you have an "Owner's Operator and Repair Manual" or just the handbook and the tips book?
Thanks
Steve

Dimper

Do i understand you right that you are missing the North American winch safety operating document?
If so, please open the enclosed document :)

Edit:
Sorry, I now see that it is the document described as "The owner's operator and repair manual" that you are seeking. I bought my winch second-hand so I'm not sure of which documents where included in the delivery, but I think that the phrase on the North American safety operating documents in reality refer to the Handbook/Manual.

The easiest way to find out, is to send a mail to mail@fransgard.dk and kindly ask for a pdf-file of the manuals for your winch.
Case IH 895XL
FransgÄrd V3500

dsgsr

Steve, I bought my winch New and only got the manuals that you describe, Not a lot of info. There isn't much in the manuals too help in the operation, thats where you would have too ask questions here or go with someone that has that or another type winch to show/learn with. If you have any of those ? please ask and I will try with others on this Forum to answer them.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

Furu

Thanks to everyone that responded.
Well after the conflicting references to documents that do not exist  for the Fransgard I decided to go with the Farmi.  Their documents are just what they say they are.    I guess that is what comes from having written and read to many technical publications over the years.  My wife who will be using it as well is happier with the Farmi.
Thanks

Thank You Sponsors!