iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An odd day for the animals

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, July 19, 2004, 07:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Yesterday there must have been more sunspots than usual or something. While walking to my bruning barrel a rotten limb fell out of a tree with a squirrel attached to it! Man did he look surprized :D

A little later I was running the tiller in the garden and dug up a Hog Nose snake, now these snakes look alot like Copper Heads but they have a short tail, turned up nose and are not poisonous. Usually when you come across a Hog Nose they play dead, roll over on their back and hope you go away. This guy was so mad he was striking at me and generaly trying to get me out of HIS garden.

Then while walking across my back yard two Robins came spiraling out of the sky right infront of me. Locked in combat they didn't even notice me until I walked twards them then it looked as if they both said "oh crap" and flew off in different directions.

Just an odd day around my house.
WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

GF

Kinda strange you mention it I am builing a new sawmill shed and on the top is 6" C-Purlin, while out working I could hear large bugs flying into it and hitting, when I woul look down in the C-Purlin I saw alot of large green bugs, guess they were on a kamakazi mission.

Bro. Noble

Japanese beetles,  no doubt :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!