iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Instant message clean up

Started by Jeff, July 06, 2006, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Folks, it looks like we need to do some instant message box clean up. I'm going to give everyone a day or two to save any info they need from thier instant messages, and delete on thier own, then I am going to purge the database of ALL instant messages on Friday evening.  The count on instant messages in Mysql database including outbox is currently at over 215,000 stored messages. :o   I didnt set a limit on messages before, but I may have to in the future. I'll let you know if we do that.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Cool, I found directions to Noble's and my password  :-[ ;D

This one musta been from the sale section;

QuoteI got on the forum and the first thing I saw on the index was:

Economy Stud
Don P

Sorry, I don't know where my mind was  :D.

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ianab

Hey Jeff

Is it possible to do a purge by date?
Delete all messages more than 6 months old?
That would take out 2/3 of the clutter and could just be a regular monthly thing to keep it under control.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

I think I can if I can come up with the right query.

SwampDonkey

Don't hit that button... DOH!

pc_smiley whiteflag_smiley no_no
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Just cleaned the 'inbox', and was surprised at the number of 'outbox' messages that I had sittin' there.  Cleaned those out too, after re-reading them.
Had some good chats going on the side. Hope to have more.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

highpockets

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

Furby

woodbowl

Quote from: highpockets on July 06, 2006, 07:05:17 PM
got her done.

Ain't got er done!    pc_smiley

I got phone #'s, addresses, specs and detailed technical explainations to scribble down. Not sure how I'm going to save it all.  :-\
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Furby

Highlight, copy and paste into your notepad on your puter.
Save it to your hard drive.

Can copy everything like avatars and such (like I did this time) or edit it down as you do it.

bitternut

tnlogger

yup got-er-done
woodbowl  just copy and then open word and paste every thing into word name it and save it  pc_smiley
gene

Jeff

THats why I didnt just go ahead and clean house. I know there is information we as individuals dont want to lose, but when stored instant messages start taking up as much room as some of our more popular boards, its time to do something.

getoverit

I deleted all of mine... hopefully there wasnt any info in there that I couldnt replace :)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Part_Timer

Done

Thanks for the warning.  I got everything saved

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Jeff

Well, I got rid of the 6000 messages combined in my in and outbox that has accumalated the last 6 weeks or so since I did it last. 

DanG

Quote from: Jeff B on July 06, 2006, 12:28:53 PM
then I am going to purge the database of ALL instant messages on Friday evening. 

Which Friday? :o :o :-X ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kirk_Allen

On behalf of Buzzsawyer can you please hold off dumping his until he has a chance to go through it.  He is living at the Hospital with his son 24-7

gmmills

All done.  Thanks for letting us know.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Jeff

I had already made provisionals hours ago for the exclusion of Buzz Saywer's records on any data dump.

isawlogs

When you do , do this , will unread messages be gone also ...  ???

I just cleaned up shop in the in and outs , Just something I was wundering about .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chet

I only had a Few thousand, so I probably wasn't part of da problem.  :D   But I did my part and deleted a couple anyway.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

My message count has been in the negative digits before  ;D Really 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pigman

I am sorry everybody. :-[ I was the guilty party that filled up the server with my messages, all four of them.  I deleted them; now chet will not have to delete any of his. :D
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!