iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mill

Started by firefighter, February 01, 2009, 09:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter

I dont know if this is the right spot for this but here goes .I purchased a new ill from Peterson it is a WPF model .I have never owned a mill and am looking forwared to this ,I have read the coments on this forum and they are great . I will be getting it in June and am very excited any coments about milling would be great .Peterson was very helpful .I work for the Ontario MNR as a firefighter in the summer and it will be a great thing to do in the fall when I am off.

Dave Shepard

congrats on the new mill. 8) Keep us posted when you get some wood sawn up. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DanG

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on selecting a fine sawmill! 8) 8) :)  I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.  There is a lot of info here on using Peterson mills and swingmills in general, as well as lumber and business tips that you will find useful.  Jump in and help us teach and learn! :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Meadows Miller

Gday

Welcome to the forum Firefighter  ;D 8) and A big congrats on the new Peterson you picked a dang good bit of gear Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) What size did you get  ??? You have come to the right place and feel free to Pull up a pack and hava chat anytime mate  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Welcome firefighter,ask Peterson who has a mill in your area,visit them mayby work with them learn tricks.When your mill comes you can hit the ground running.You can learn alot from watching outher sawyers,also what not to do.Their are fixtures to load and hold logs outhers use you can duplicate or improve on.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ErikC

I have an older style Peterson WPF. It's been great. Tell us more about the details of your machine.   ( motor, blade size etc.) And welcome to the forum!
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Stephen1

Welcome FF, you just be a neighbor, keep reading and posting and let us know when you get your mill.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: firefighter on February 01, 2009, 09:27:21 PM
I purchased a new ill from Peterson it is a WPF model .

You are right.  You have acquired a sickness that will last the rest of your life - sawdust on the brain 8)  Where in Ontario are you located?

Tom

firefighter

The mill is a standard1.2 meter (4feet)diam frame ,8 inch cut with a 27hp Kohler I also got the HI/LOtrack frame upgrade and electric raising winch .I pick up the mill in Ft Francis at the sawtech show in Ft Frances ontario in June. i live in Pembroke Ontario i will get some training at the show . Look forward to going to this show to see  what other milling equiptment is out there.

Meadows Miller

Gday

That Addictions allready bitten you Mate  ;) :D :D you are allready seeing what else is out there to add to your operation  ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Nice spec on the Mill you only need the wide frame if your gonna be cutting large logs often  ;) you will find the People from Petersons great to deal with  ;D ;D 8) 8)

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!