iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tire chains

Started by tj240, November 22, 2014, 05:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tj240

i have a dilemma put new close ring chains on almost new 18.4 x 34 tires and they walk side to side and hook over the tire tread. they are totally even inside and out,  the centers are perfect. but they walk. has anybody else had this problem? i am wondering if they are too tight because they are tight. i tightened the centers first then the sides. i have done this alot before, but never had this problem. maybe because the tires are new? thanks for any help.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

coxy

had that trouble too    drill a few holes in the rim and bolt the side chain to them it keeps them from walking 

bushmechanic

Someone posted a pic on here where they welded four sidewall links to their rim at 90 degrees apart and shackled the sidewall to prevent the chain from walking. The floatation tires are really bad for this.

tj240

we think we got it figured out they are TOO tight, cant walk back. going to loosen em up and see what happens. if that doesnt work chain to the wheels. thanks for the help
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

timberlinetree

Ours was chained to the lug nut. Just use a longer stud.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

tj240

its a 540b so there is already holes in the wheel, for the old bolt on wheel weights

Thank You Sponsors!