iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

up/down issues with 2001 WM lt40 super

Started by flatrock58, August 19, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

When I was looking for my problem I drained the old lube from the gearbox and noticed metal particles.  I then knew that I was on the right trail so I pulled the gearbox and cracked it open.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on August 20, 2014, 09:45:00 PM
I replaced the lube with synthetic.

I can't use synthetic in my gear box.  >:( I had problems and changed to the 80W - 140.
No problems so far.
If one puts ATF in their gear box....well......please don't.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

flatrock58

Talked to Tim in Newnan today.  Found my problem.  The 50 amp breaker was the problem.  Even though it was not tripping it was opening up enough to stop the mill.  Took the 70 amp debarker breaker and swapped it and it works fine now.

Thanks for all the help.  I am sure I will be back asking more questions.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Magicman

Yup, they do go bad and thanks for the report back on the fix.  I had a defective debarker breaker once.  It just would not hold.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

flatrock58

Had a good day working on the sawmill today.  Got the up/down working.  Adjusted the blade in all directions.  Adjusted the side supports.  All that is left to do is getting the debarker moving free again.  It has not been used for a while and is frozen.  Should be cutting some logs early next week.

Ran into one problem today  When I tried to take the fill plug out of the up/down gear box it would not come  The plug is plastic and deformed.  Might have to drill it out!
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

MartyParsons

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

flatrock58

6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

flatrock58

I didn't see a plug on the gearbox in the manual and just assumed the higher plug was the fill plug.
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!