iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any of our sponsors sell these?? Fence Post stepper

Started by Harold, December 14, 2005, 09:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold

I need one of these fence post steppers for a hunting trip out west, Like to buy from a forum sponsor if possible.
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?mi=4352

Harold

beenthere

I'd take a piece of aluminum (½" thick by about 7" by 2" ) and saw a slot in it to just slip onto the flange of the post and carry that along.  A strong rubber band for security might be handy to have.
Cool tool, but not many fences I've seen where just pushing down the wires wasn't easy enough, but this is not your desire and this should work for woven wire as well.
(I hate that when I step on the wire at the post and it doesn't slip down the post until I am perfectly straddled over the top.  ::)  )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Murf

I've tried stepping over t-bars like that before, mebbe you're not as well-fed as I am, but I found them pretty wobbly.  :D

I've always found it easier to take a scrap of heavy canvass tarp with me and a few pieces of twine, tie the top few strands together tight, then lay the tarp over the whole thing and give it a wrap or two, then just bend over & step through the opening.

Lots safer to me. Besides, then I have some tarp ta sit on if'n I need to take a break.  ;)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Burlkraft

Murf....I hate those things....I've been down twice in my life.........half way over :( :( :( :(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ernie

remember when you were young and could sprint up, put your hand on the top of the post and just vault over :) :) :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

IMERC

Quote from: Ernie on December 14, 2005, 04:03:47 PM
remember when you were young and could sprint up, put your hand on the top of the post and just vault over :) :) :)

Memory doesn't / can't go back that far.
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Ernie

That's all my memory does these days. cant recall what I did this morning but just ask me about being a kid and I'll never shut up.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

beenthere

Quote from: Ernie on December 14, 2005, 04:03:47 PM
remember ..........and just vault over :) :) :)

Yup, as well I remember the times I didn't make it too.........just a bit better than the ones where I did ...... :)

Harold
How do these 'steppers' get the ATV across?  maybe some wire cutters are needed  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Murf

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 14, 2005, 02:27:54 PM
Murf....I hate those things....I've been down twice in my life.........half way over :( :( :( :(

Dohhhhhhh. Dat's gotta leave a mark .............  smiley_ignore
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!