iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey, did I miss something

Started by Texas Ranger, December 22, 2002, 02:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

???  I went looking for Jeff B's tree on the US map, and lo and behold, twas not there, or he moved out of state, or is covered by one of the others.  I think Jeff B should post his tree in red and blue balls for the Christmas contest.  Yeah, that's the ticket. ??? ???
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

He might not have any "blue" ones, Don. :)

Kevin_H.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Here it is.
Now get all yer minds cleaned up and use this thread to post Your Christmas tree pics!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Well, I've got some blue ones and here's my tree.   :)   See?  ;D

.........and some red ones too. :)
HO! HO! HO!

CHARLIE

We don't have a Christmas tree this year. My wife, son, daughter-in-law and daughter are flying to Florida to spend Christmas with my father-in-law in Okeechobee. He's been ill.  It'll be a short 3 day trip..... ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

CHARLIE

Thanks for sharing it Jeff. I sure have been enjoying your tree. It sure has a nice shape and well decorated! :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

For some reason my wife thinks since we have tall ceilings we need a tall tree.

ADfields

This is my frount yard tree.   It's a chunck of 4" abs pipe 20 foot tall.   Wish the lights would show beter but it's snowing kinda hard out.   Looks like a white Christmas hear after all. ;D   If I ever find a way to get a star in the sitka spruce in the background look out! 8) 8) ::) ;D   The one in the house is just a 4 footer on an end table this year but next year the liveing room will be done and we get a 10 footer! ::)
Andy

OneWithWood

This year our tree is a Norfolk Pine my wife rescued.  Linnea, my wife, has her own greenhouse business so we usually dress up one of the larger plants in the house at Christmas.  For many years our 'tree' was a coffeea arabica that would be festooned with bright red berries.  She never would let me roast 'em :P
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

Hey, I just notice, Jeff does have blue balls!  But, still, where is your tree on the MAP?

Jeff

Don you finally did sumthin good. ;)

You goaded me into figuring out why my name don't appear on the calendar or the map. I thought it was a security thing, but it was simply a problem left over from a software change 2 years ago. I rebuilt out members list and BAM! I'm on the blinkin map just like Don. I am however NOT blue. I am just one a da trees like ya'll. :)

I hated not being on the map too. :'(

Jeff

Hey! I'm even in the members list now! And my Birthday is on the blinkin calendar!
'Wow, what a Christmas. ;D

Corley5

And now you're Jeff Brokaw instead of Jeff B.  Do you feel any different with your new identity? ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bibbyman

Here is our humble Christmas tree.  Son Chris and granddaughter Brook went out and got it.  It's an ERC – obviously "home grown".  

The girls decorated it except for stringing the lights. Five year old Alex even made the star out of aluminum foil.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Its beautiful Bib. I don't know if either of these two kids of mine will ever give me a grandchild. But I sure do hope so.  :)

Jeff

QuoteAnd now you're Jeff Brokaw instead of Jeff B.  Do you feel any different with your new identity? ;D ;D

I have never felt like a "Jeff Brokaw" on here. to formal for me. I need to come up with a name. Maybe that should be a new contest. ;)  speaking of which, I have some results to share from the last one...

Ron Wenrich

I remember an ERC Christmas tree.  My dad couldn't afford a tree, so he cut one down on my Uncle's farm.  It was a great tree, and probably meant more than any store bought or tree farm grown tree.

My father-in-law had a holly tree as an Christmas tree.  He simply graced it with white lights.  It was probably the most beautiful tree I have ever seen.   The simplicity totallly grasped the season.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Texas Ranger

Jeff, I have some suggestions for your name, particulary since I didn't even place in the Christmas contest, I mean, with all the effort I put into my bio!!!!!!!!! :(

Bro. Noble

We usually use a cedar for a christmas tree,  sometimes a pine if we can find a small one that is full enough.  We always went as a family to select one and cut it.  When our second son was about two,  he picked a beautiful pine and insisted that we use it.  Trouble was it was about 40 ft tall.

We also liked to make 'gum drop' trees.  Select a 2 or 3 ft honey locust sprout,  make paste out of flour and water and gob it on the tree for snow.  While the snow is still wet,  sprinkle it with salt or sugar to make it sparkle.  Put a gumdrop on each thorn and your done.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

When we do Christmas in the U.P. we
go out on Christmas eve in the moonlight and find some
conifer to cut.  One year our normal 8 hour trip up took
about 16 hours due to a snow storm and we arrived at
4:00 AM.  Normally one of the neighbors would use
a snowblower to blow out the father-in-laws drive
if we would let them know we were coming. But this
year a big storm through the straits in late november
took a bunch of trees out and one big cedar was
down across the drive. So there we were at 4:00 AM
after a 16 hour drive cutting trees with the chain saw.
We then had to use scoop shovels to clear a path
to the door in waist deep snow.  Actually, it's these
kind of adventures that make going to the U.P. at
Christmas so memorable. We just fire up the Jotul
woodstove and veg out with some MaCallan.
Life is good!

Whitepe
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

Here is a picture of a U.P. Christmas tree. A Balsam Fir. I took this picture of it last winter during black powder deer season. I have been tripping over that tree since it was 6 inches tall. Even though it was always in the way as we work at the cabin we let it grow. This next year the back screen porch goes on so it was time for the tree to go. Pete asked me to take it home the first weekend of November but I said it was too early to cut it, so Lynda cut it last weekend, a year after I took the first picture.

I went over and enjoyed it at their home this morning. Not the fullest tree in the world but its a pretty special tree. We have been wheeling cement around it and working around it and protecting it for 10 years. It finally earned its way to being a Christmas tree.

jindie

I made it on the calendar with the birthday and anniversary, but I didn't have any luck getting on the map... ::) ??? ???

Thank You Sponsors!