iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Middle Earth Tour 2016/17

Started by Ianab, December 10, 2016, 03:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ljohnsaw

At a Cub Scout camp, they have to do a swim test in every new body of water before they can go out in boats.  This particular large pond was 54° (12°C).  I did it too - took my breath away.  It was all I could do to make the 4 laps of perhaps 25 yards.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Thank you Ian for taking the time to allow us to tag along.  I enjoyed the journey.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LIL

http://youtu.be/erJuN4lb26Q

This is a quick video clip of our Whale Watching Trip I thought some of you might enjoy :)

Cheers
LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Magicman

Thank you for sharing that video.  Watching the whale "blow" caused me to Google "whale breathing" and learn some very interesting whale facts that I had no idea about.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ox

What kind of whale was that, Lil?

Thanks for sharing that video - it looked like a wonderful trip with a wonderful family!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Ron Scott

~Ron

LIL

Quote from: Magicman on January 31, 2017, 08:53:58 AM
Thank you for sharing that video.  Watching the whale "blow" caused me to Google "whale breathing" and learn some very interesting whale facts that I had no idea about.   :P

That was a MALE Sperm whale. About 60ft long and 50 tons.  We managed to see two which apparently is a good day :) Just one of the most amazing things on this earth to see, feel extremely fortunate to have been able to do this :)

Cheers

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

florida

Man that looks  beautiful! NZ is on our bucket list for sure! We had to cancel our annual trip to Scotland so I'm sure the dear wife will insist on a do over next summer but I plan on NZ the year after. My son and family are on there way to Tahiti tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Sure wish I could go!
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Ianab

Tahiti sure looks nice. We got to the Cook Islands which is another group of Islands just South of Tahiti. Harder to find flights there from any place other then NZ, so it's more like a little tropical extension of NZ, rather than a foreign country.

Winter has set here now, and a tropical island is starting to sound pretty good. Rarotonga will probably be our next trip, although Lil wants to revisit the Soutth Island in Autumn or Winter
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

LIL

Quote from: Ianab on June 13, 2017, 05:01:59 PMRarotonga will probably be our next trip, although Lil wants to revisit the South Island in Autumn or Winter

Don't forget the piggy roast too! Man I need to start saving!!  :laugh:
Hobbies and Interests  

Ianab

This video showed up today showing the work that's still going on to get the main road and rail open Nth of Kaikoura. Some idea of the amount of rock they are having to move to rebuild the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1GH1VZnmA
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

Magicman

Thanks for that very informative and awe inspiring video Ian.  thumbs-up

Thank You Sponsors!