iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 359 problem

Started by Victor, June 24, 2008, 03:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor

I have a Husqvarna 359 which I have always kept in top notch condition. Over the past three years I have used it about once or twice a week. It ran fine the last time I used it. Today I tried to start it and for some reason I have too much compression so I can't pull the cord fast enough to get it to start. I removed the spark plug and still nearly impossible to pull start. I also checked the coil to make sure it wasn't rubbing on the flywheel. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks.

Victor

ladylake

Maybe mud daubers got in, pull the muffler and have a look.  Steve 
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Mc

I'm no chainsaw mechanic, but if it's hard to pull even with the sparkplug removed, it's not compression. Any chance you've got corrosion or a bearing that went dry and seized up?

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thedeeredude

This is really embarrassing  :-X but on my 359 I accidentally put the chain just off the rim sprocket when putting a new chain on.  It was hard as heck to pull and it just would not kick over and start.  The really embarrassing part is I took it to the dealer to get checked out :-X  :-X  Laugh away :D

Victor

Thedeeredude,

Yup, that's what happened. I put a new chain on today and sure enough it wasn't on the sprocket correctly. Thanks for your help.

I called the dealer and he thought it was either a sraping coil or my cylinder was scored. I was telling my wife over dinner that I might have to buy a new saw and she wasn't happy.

Thanks to John and Steve for their helpful comments also. I might take the muffler off now anyway to see what's inside.

Victor

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D You guys are not the first nor will you be the last..
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thedeeredude

Ha Im not alone.  I feel a lot less stoopid ;D

jokers

Hey, a very good friend of mine who is extremely intelligent once put his chain on backwards and then asked if it mattered before he gave it any thought. We still laugh about that one once in a while. We`re all human, and as such, fallable.

Al_Smith

Quote from: jokers on June 30, 2008, 09:00:31 PM
Hey, a very good friend of mine who is extremely intelligent once put his chain on backwards and then asked if it mattered before he gave it any thought. We still laugh about that one once in a while. We`re all human, and as such, fallable.
I don't know too many people who have not,at least once put a chain on backwards . I've even went to far as to put a circular saw blade on backwards .

jokers

Back when I was much younger and building decks on the side for some extra spending money, I was finishing up what was essentially a wooden patio on a nice Saturday morning. Given that I wanted to get in and get out so I could go play, I didn`t set up all of my normal tools, I just backed my truck up and worked off the tailgate. Wasn`t long before I was cutting a board with my circ saw and a good carbide blade when I noticed something was stinging the underside of my left arm and silver gray flecks were appearing all over the wood. Ventilated tailgate.  :D The saw never even flinched. Of course I`ve deliberately turned blades backward for cutting aluminum or vinyl siding.

My friend and I laugh about the saw chain not because he did it, but because he asked me if it mattered.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!