iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

headin for Vermont

Started by Michigan Mike, July 14, 2006, 11:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan Mike

Sunday morning July 16 I'm gonna jump on the two wheeler and head for the BMW nationals in Burlington .  I am riding with another bmw club member we are planning on riding mostly secondary roads. Our wives will be parraleling our route on main highways ina van. His wife just had back surgery and mine doesnt like long distance riding (my fault, funny what a ten hour day on a bike does to a passengers enthusiasem). Anyway I would like to hear any suggestions as to cant miss local sights and  any  good local riding . The BMWMOA  magazine is saying that most roads in Vermont and adjoining areas are good.  Sorry about the short notice I was prepping the bike and forgot to do this a couple af days ago.

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Michigan Mike on July 14, 2006, 11:15:10 PM(my fault, funny what a ten hour day on a bike does to a passengers enthusiasem)

It could have been worse, Mike.  A friend of ours married a fellow that loved bike trips.  They spent their 2-week honeymoon rouring the northwest on his bike.  She got food posioning about the second day out (probably dined at the same gas station that Jeff B did ::)) and didn't enjoy the trip too much.  They are no longer married :o :o
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Captain

Burlington:

Al's French Frys is a MUST
Bove's (Italian, cafe style)
Vermont Pub and Brewery
The Rotiserrie (fine dining)
The Chickenbone Cafe (pub/eatery)
The Icehouse (dining on the lake)
The Spirit of Ethan Allen (Lake Ferry dinner cruises)
Shelburne Museum
Shelburne Farms
VT Teddy Bear Company
Ben and Jerry's (1/2 hour south of Burlington)

My favorite motorcycle rides include Rt 17 between Rt 7 in Middlebury and Rt 100 in Moretown. This is my absolute favorite!!  Don't go if you're afraid of heights!!

Route 100 anywhere
Route 107
Route 302 - Stop in at Rolands in East Barre and say the Captain sent you.
Route 2 that parallels I 89 is also a very nice ride.

Captain

Let me know if you need more....

Bro. Noble

Geeezr, Captain,  If he follows your agenda,  he'll be so fat, he'll have to ride home on a tow truck :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Michigan Mike

Thanks Captian that looks like it should keep me busy  and well fed.  I apreciate the information. Bro Noble we did our honeymoon  on a Kawasaki  500 triple next year will be 35 years together. The BMW is much more comfortable than the Kaw but  thirty plus years can change your ideas of what comfort level is  required. Not to mention the difference in fitness levels between 21 and 56.

wiam

Captain, you forgot Nectars gravy fries. 8)

Will

Captain

YOU forgot Nectar's CHEESE fries  :)

wiam

Sorry Craig, but gravy is better. :D

Will

Captain

Sure is at Nectar's.  Wonder how old Nectar is doing??

wiam

I think that he sold it a few years ago, but the name is the same.

Will

Vermonter

Sorry Captain, the Chickenbone's closed now.  Rich Tarrant has been using the chicken in his campaign.  There is a museum there now, and the Sheik next door is closed too.
Nectar Rorris sold the restaurant in 2004.  All the old employees are still there, recipes too.  Nectar is retired, doing well.  He told me they never thought that the business would last more than two or three years, and they would move on to other things.  He's a rarity in the restaurant business; one business for 30 or so years, still has his sanity and his liver.
I still see him once in a while.
New homestead

Thank You Sponsors!