iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I love meeting FF members.....all the way from Vermont

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 03, 2017, 10:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Member GAB ( Gerald ) and his lovely wife Mike stopped by the Goat pen today.
We had a ball and told and listened to some great stories.
Toured the farm and my sawmill and craft operations.

They had never seen an Okra plant. I found one with Okra still producing even without rain in a month.

Sitting on my obervation deck.  8)

Then we went out for steaks and BBQ. Had a great time!

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pineywoods

smiley_thumbsup  One of these days, someday, I hope to visit the ole goat. I need to visit my grand dad's grave. Just a few miles east over in Mt Croghan, kill 2 birds with one stone.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Wow, Gerald and Mike are still on the road so are they trying to find a hurricane or something??  I know for a fact that you and Julie treated them well.  Congrats to all. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andries

I can guarantee that they didn't find any hurricanes up here !
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Weekend_Sawyer

They stopped by my house last Wednesday.
Very nice, down home folks.
We had a nice visit and looked around my sawmills and tractors.

Glad to hear they found you.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

trapper

They sure get around.  Their visit when they stopped was a pleasure.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

WV Sawmiller

I have it on good authority they are still traveling in a northward direction. We've had them here since early afternoon. Did a short walk around the place, MY wife forbid me to take any more out of town guests on the ATV since the last one from Florida turned over and nearly killed himself on one of our WV slopes.

We went to Sandstone Falls on the New River a few miles from here and a quick driving tour through our little town. If time permits in the morning we will take them to see the John Henry Memorial park and the actual tunnel John Henry was digging when he competed against the steam engine. If anyone is too young to remember the legend - look it up.

Its been a lot of fun and educational so far. Always good to get together with new friends and compare notes and experiences.

Gerald, Becky (Mrs. WV Sawmiller) and Mike on the boardwalk at Sandstone Falls near Hinton WV. WV Sawmiller behind the camera.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

prittgers

It was an honor to have a visit from these amazing folks who came all the way up here to Alaska!  Thanks for the visit.  Parker, the Wood-Mizer guy in Alaska.

More about our summer project at:  https://youtu.be/Ghqn_JEkN80
Parker Rittgers
Professional Sawyer, Retired, well, not really !
WoodMizer Alaska | 907.360.2497 cell 336.5143 office BevelSider.com ? Everything BevelSider
prittgers@aksamill.com

WV Sawmiller

Maybe we need to do like MM sort of suggested and put a big map of N. America up and put pins everywhere they have been spotted like tracking a hurricane. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

scsmith42

GAB and his lovely wife Mike stopped by the farm last Sunday afternoon. It was good to take a break from fall planting to spend time with some FF members. After a tour of the farm we all visited and had some wood grilled chicken.

Mike has the pix from their visit here hopefully she will post some.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

drobertson

Oh man,  I've heard about walking in tall cotton, but walking in an okra patch with that volume of Crimson still producing! 8)  corn meal mix would be in a bowl for sure!  I'm knowing them folks will be happy, happy, happy!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GAB

HI:
We got home last night.  This afternoon is the first time I have been on the FF since 9/30.  Cheap excuse: Had no wifi access.
This year we took a short 67 day vacation in June, July, and part of Aug.  Then we took a short vacation/shootout trip that was 14 days.  Yes we are getting used to the travel trailer.
We visited with Andries, Grizzly, Bandmill Bandit, Lyle Niemi, DGK, Parker, Percy, Goose 63, Trapper, & Glassman on the first trip as well as many welcome centers and museums on the way to the pigroast.
On the second trip we met with Weekend Sawyer, SCSmith42, POSTONLT40HD, WV Sawmiller, and at the Shoot Out met Jack S, Furby, Kevin and Tammy, and one other whose name escapes me.  Also saw both of my sisters and one brother as well as 2 nieces and their spouses, 2 grand nephews and 3 grand nieces, as well as some of my wife's relatives.
I would have considered stopping at other's sites had they replied to my inquiries.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

GAB

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 11, 2017, 05:08:00 PM
When y'all coming back Gerald?  ;D

I do not know.
Is there something you would want me to bring?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

petefrom bearswamp

Enjoyed reading about your travels and visits.
Gerald, you could take the goat a northern version of grits AKA Cream of Wheat.
Seems about the same to me.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

GAB

petefrombearswamp:
I am confused by your avatar as it says age 80, then below, it says soon to be 70 10 will never get to 80.
In any case it was nice conversing with you at the pig roast - hope to see you again next year.
Take care of yourself just because you made it to another age related milestone does not mean you lost all of your previously acquired knowledge.
As to an official retirement date you might want to do as I did - I told my wife to mark my official retirement date on the calendar 3 days after I die again.  The cardiac rehab nurses revived me the last time.
GAB

Jack S

Gab, Nice to meet up with you at the shootout and the logrite booth for the nice visit. I made the same mistake you did for this time of year and headed north instead of back home to NC. we are now near Ithaca NY and this weather here is like our winter weather in Mooresville NC. We will be headed back south next week.   JackS

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: pineywoods on October 03, 2017, 10:26:40 PM
smiley_thumbsup  One of these days, someday, I hope to visit the ole goat. I need to visit my grand dad's grave. Just a few miles east over in Mt Croghan, kill 2 birds with one stone.

Was just thumbing through this post, I live about  10 miles from Mt. Croghan ! Have a lot of family from around the area. Cool!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Thank You Sponsors!