iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Birthday Tom,Timber Framer and ArthurDyaso

Started by sprucebunny, November 25, 2004, 04:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Hope you have an extra special day. And some cake with your Turkey 8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bill Johnson

Bill

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

pappy

:o  this year you guys can not only have your cake and turkey but you can eat it too

Happy Birthday boys and have a great day  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

redpowerd

a birthday on turkey day? only in november! :D
happy happy

termite, get some pants on, yer makin me cold :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Timber_Framer

Thanks eveyone 8)
November was always my favorite month. Deer hunting, Thanksgiving and a birthday. Ya can't ask for much more then that!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Swede

Happy Birthday guys!

I do have birthday but have to learn about that Thanksgiving. Sounds happy too!

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

WoodSmith

Murf

Deja vu all over again........ :)   :D  

Happy Birthday guys  8)

Swede, it's sort of a combination of your midsummer and Martin's Day festivals, lots of eating, drinking and happy times with friends and family.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Kevin

DanG

I wuz gonna wait till the last minute to wish this auspicious crowd a happy hatch day. But I been to a Turkey day party, and I'm fading fast!  Happy Hatchday, guys! :) ;) ;D 8) :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Scott

Happy Birthday to all. An active birthday month  :).
~Ron

OneWithWood

Sorry I missed this on the actual day, but somehow I got distracted ;)

A belated birthday to you all.  I hope it was everything you wanted plus the T-day festivities.  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

Thank you very much :D

I spent the last couple or three days in Orlando with the in-laws.   On the way back today, I saw this car ahead of us tooling along at 65 or 70 MPH.   Scrambling for the camera, cause my wife has no patience for this type of thing and was driving, I almost missed it.

The car was packed with what looked like the metal shetting of an old carport or pool enclosure or something like that.  The trunk was full and the pieces went right into the car.  The car was full and stuff was sticking out both sides.  The driver must have not had much room because he was hanging out the window too. :D

Kind of out of place on this "Happy Birthday" thread but we'll see how many folks come back to read it. :D :D

SwampDonkey

Happy birthday. And Tom, I didn't come back, its my first trip through. :D Is that legal in the state of florida. I thinks the weights and measures or RCMP would be having a little chat with the driver up this way. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Happy Birthday all!  8) 8) 8)

SD,
I always thought it was against the law to have anything sticking out more then a couple of feet. Got around to reading the laws a couple of weeks ago, and we are required to have a red flag atleast 12" square, on anything that sticks out 4' or more. A red light is required at night. There is NO mention of any length restrictions. ;D My friend hauled a 16' cattle gate in the short box of his Ranger a while back, no problems. ;D
I'm thinking the guy in the pic could get away with it if he could prove it wasn't hindering his driving ability. But it kinda looks like it is. ;)

SwampDonkey

Up here I beleive you have to have view of the driver side rear view mirror as well as the windshield mounted mirror. You can't even have tint laminate on your rear or side windows unless direct from the auto manufacturer. You also need a 12 " red rag tied on the rear of the load. I think if the cop sees a risk of personal injury or a potential traffic accident the guy will be motioned to stop to the curb. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Yeah, your right! I forgot about the mirror thing. ::)
Although I can relate to this guy, been there, done that. ::)

One of my dad's old bosses wanted a beam to pull engines from in his garage. He found one at work one day and loaded it in his small car. Ran it out the passenger window so he could close the hatch if I remember right. Well he had to stop to the bank on the way home and went to the drive up window. Managed to catch one of those support posts for the roof. Beam went out the rear window of the car.  :D

Tom

I was reminded of the quasi-famous picture of the car in the Home Depot parking lot that had collapsed from all of the merchandise that had been loaded on it.  I have pictures on my computer but it exist on the forum several times already. :D

Furby

I've seen that. ;D
Haven't gone that far yet, but came close. ::)
Had 3 16'x2"x12", 6 16'x2"x6", and 2 14'x2"x8" on my roof rack (rated for 100 pounds). Was about to tie it all off when that pic ran through my head. Ended up taking them all back off and putting them on the trailer.  ::) ;D

Paschale

Happy Belated Birthday to y'all!  Funny pic, there Tom.   :D :D

Reminds of something I was hauling one time in my passenger side of my car.  I was an hour from home, and the front bumper fell off of my Honda Accord.  I'd had it repaired from an accident, and the body shop was pretty marginal.  I wasn't sure how to get the thing back home to get fixed, so I just leaned back the passenger seat and slid her on in.  

I tend to speed.   ::)  I got pulled over on the highway, and the whole time, I'm just thinking about the bumper in my passenger side.  Plus, I tend to collect crapola in my car anyway--it was certainly a cluttered sight.  The officer came to the car window, took one look at me, looked past me to the bumper, but didn't say a word, nor did I.  I gave him all the info, and he went back to his car.  I was wondering what kind of ticket I was going to get, if it was going to be two, one for the speeding, and one for the bumper.  He finally came back to the car.  He told me to just slow down and to consider this a warning.  He handed me my information, then took one last glance at the bumper, and said to me, with sincere earnestness in his voice:  "Good luck," and then walked away.   :D  He must've thought I needed all the help I could get!   ;D  The best way to get off of a ticket?  Look as pathetic as possible!   :D

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Arthur

Thanks All

Tom - Sagittarius Rools OK.  As always the life of the party :D

Thank You Sponsors!