iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Biting off more than you can chew...

Started by Ianab, December 06, 2004, 02:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Lil's cousin has just moved to a new house out in the country, 6 acres, couple of paddocks, a pond and some trees.
They knew I had a portable mill and asked if I was interested in sawing some of the trees.
OK.. I'll have a look   :)
The trees in question are Macrocarpa cypress and Bishop pine.. real old ones. The bigger pine are at least 5ft dbh, the Macs are more like 6 ft  :o
I'm thinking I will get a local online mate involved in this as it's more logs than I am going to be able to handle.

Like a 5ft dia log 12ft long is a lot of Bf  :o

Owner is having the trees removed no matter what, he just wants to recover some of the cost by selling the logs.

I will post pics of my Peterson or Bob's Lucas maxed out on these logs  ;)

One way to spend your Christmas holidays  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

leweee

Looking forward to those pics..... I just love that big wood  ;D :) 8) 8) 8) not to mention that NZ scenery. :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Jeff

To bad it would cost 4 grand for tammy and I to come and watch in person or we would. Tammy could be of great help. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jgoodhart

I think the Forestry Forum needs a jet air plane then these little field trips wouldn't be a problem. It could also double as a taxi to the piggy roast.

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

leweee

CK .....Fly it ;D
jgoodhart....book me a reservation :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

etat

Nope, I'm thinking DRIVE IT!  That way if you runned out of gas yer already on the ground!  ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

leweee

efitzgerald

can twait to see those pics. If I could sell some of the lumber we have in the ware house I wouldnt mind coming out to help. Never been to NZ. (And i am still having trouble uploading photos)
tougher than a $2.00 steak

OneWithWood

Most definately looking forward to the pics of you falling those monsters, positioning the logs and making sawdust.  I bet it takes you a day or two to complete the job. :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!