iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Elk Hunt 2012

Started by Magicman, June 01, 2012, 08:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Nope, I don't mess with the little woman's cooking.  I added a bag of frozen crab claws and stuff one time.  Never again.

I don't mess with the little woman's cooking.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 30, 2012, 10:20:49 PM
Nope, I don't mess with the little woman's cooking.  I added a bag of frozen crab claws and stuff one time.  Never again.

I don't mess with the little woman's cooking.

Did Magic get his wings clipped?  :D
I know what you're talking about.....I messed with the cooking once....and only once.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

My first thought was to get a skull mount, but after getting the bull down, I decided that maybe I would get a full shoulder mount, and packed the whole 65 pounds down off of the mountain.

After measuring and doing some soul searching, a shoulder mount just will not work.  It would become something that we would have to live with instead of enjoying.

I am going to do a plaque mount and use the natural head hide as a covering.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hardtailjohn

Nice bull, MM!!  Dad was an outfitter here in MT for 35+ years... I always love the stories !! 
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

clww

Quote from: Magicman on October 28, 2012, 04:27:31 PM
I just got back home from the taxidermist.  He is going to use a slight left turn and downward sloping form which should make him fit nicely in the Cabin Addition.  Now I gotta finish the Cabin Addition,
I tell most people that's the reason I'm building a log cabin-somewhere to hang up all my animals.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

But I changed it since that post.  There was not enough room so that we could enjoy it rather than "living" with it.  Elk are huge animals.  It is going to be an antler mount and using the skin from the head as a covering.

clww

I have one on loan to Bass Pro Shops, and another at a brother's house. Once we are done with the cabin, they are coming back home. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

We bought this piece of Redwood burl when we were in California in 1997, and I have always wondered what I would ever do with it.

Well, today was the day.  I put a coat of Danish Oil on which darkened it more than I expected, but is is what it is.

A front view of the finished mount.  I am temporarily borrowing PatD's picture hanging spot.   ;D

It will be moved to the Cabin when that room is completed.

sandhills

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The oil turned it right into Walnut.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Yes, that is very nice!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

Well done!

That will really be nice in the cabin.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!