iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'll bet this guy got teased in school!

Started by justallan1, February 07, 2013, 09:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

Just a deer mount that I thought was strange, to say the least.

JuniperBoss

His nose should be bright red to top it off! I've seen some crazy deer here in oregon also, all of them on the wall. But that one is insane, stranger than any one I've seen.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

drobertson

Looks like he got tangled in twine while in velvet, added to the fact that the high protein diet he had to have been on lead to this crazy rack,, nice pic of a trophy buck!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

clww

Some day when I get the cabin complete, I'll hang my deer heads up.They're in storage now. I've got some odd ball deer racks in there. That one has a lot of character to him. I like it. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

justallan1

That was someone else's, I just took a picture of it. It would be a great conversation piece though.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just from the color on his face you can tell he has some gene problems. But not anymore.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rooster 58

I wonder if that deer was feeding on someone's mineral lick or something like that for too long. Injested too many deer steroids! Watch out Lance, and Barry ;D

justallan1

I suppose he would make a good anti drug commercial.

clww

Not to "dumb" this down, or anything like that, but here's something I have learned over time. A buck's antler growth will repeat itself all the years of his life. This means that if he has an injury, or any other traumatic event while in velvet, this will happen every year from that time forward. Genetics does play a large role in antlers, but many of the non-typical racks can be attributed to injuries to the buck's headgear throughout his lifespan. A buck can suffer a sprained shoulder, a broken hoof, even being stuck in a swamp bog for a couple of days-these can all shape the antlers on his head. Strange stuff.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Maybe he was big enough when he came down the hall,all the other deer gave him plenty of room.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

Thanks for the info clww. Interesting to know.
Good call thecfarm. That was me in school. I wasn't so big, but I'm uglier than a mud fence!

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

JohnM

Is that a mule deer/whitetail combo?  He's got that dark forehead like a muley and the white neck patch like a whitetail (don't think muleys have those ???)  And I swear if I didn't know any better I see some antelope in that nose and dark patch on his lower jaw. :) :D  (scratch that, just looked a my one mount and noticed patch on the jaw... :-[)  That dude is goofy all the way around. smiley_whacko

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!