iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lumbermate 2000 gas leak

Started by wfontjr, January 29, 2012, 08:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfontjr

What is the black module just past the gas inline filter on the lumbermate 2000? Has two small holes which gas is leaking out of.

DeepWoods

Do you have the Briggs 23 HP?  If so, it is the fuel pump.  Mine started to leak last spring, only a little at first.  By the time I was able to buy a new one, it had almost stopped leaking completely.  So I am saving the new one for future use if needed. Assuming it will fail eventually.   Not quite sure what was causing it, as it is not the type that could be rebuilt.  The plastic is welded and not able to take apart.  I purchased the replacement locally, if you need the part number I will go out to the mill and get it for you.  I looked online, and found them much cheaper, but by the time shipping was included, it was about the same price in town. I would think anyone that carried Briggs parts would have them.  If I remember I think I paid about 30 bucks maybe a little more.

Oh, forgot to mention, if you try to just bypass the pump and hook the two lines together, your engine won't run.  I already tried.
Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

wfontjr

i have the 23 hp briggs, if you have the part number i would appreciate it, i left the mill at my property 3 hours away. anyone have an idea why they leak? diaphram?

DeepWoods

I will walk out to the mill tomorrow morning and get the part number for you.  Without being able to take it apart, I couldn't say what the problem is.  But I wonder even more why mine stopped leaking after it was for a while.  I would think if it were the diaphragm, the engine would stop running, from lack of fuel.  If, and when mine fails again, I am going to cut it open to see what went wrong with it. 
Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

hamish

If your engine is the Intek  you need 808656, other wise all other plasctic bodies Briggs fuel pumps are 697090.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

sawguy21

You will have the Vanguard, the 23 hp Intek is a vertical shaft. The 808656 will still work and is reasonably priced.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

timbuck2

wfontjr

thanks for all the information, i have the vanguard, so the part number is 697090?

DeepWoods

I have the Vanguard as well, and the pump I was given as a replacement was part number 808656.  As I stated earlier, I have not installed it as of yet.  I can only assume that it will work as I was informed it would.  It appears identical to the original, I am confidant that it will work as promised when the time comes.  If you do install a new one make sure that you install the gas lines correctly, one is inlet, one is outlet, and the last is vacuum from the engine. 

hamish

With the Vanguard use 808656.  More than likely the vent is all plugged up or the pump just gave up the ghost.  It has absolutely nothing to do with ethanol.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Thank You Sponsors!